VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little drawer beside the blinker button can easily be stuck by coins, oversized remote or a pack of tissue paper. So watch what you put in there, I just wasted 6 hours of my life sitting in Audi Service waiting for them to take the remote back out.

At least I got a free car wash out of it...

· Registered
470 Posts
Re: Beware of the card holder... (eltonsi)

I already went thru that. I put a 2 pack of asprin and a bic lighter in there. Waited for my first service for them to de-jam it. The service tech's comment on my slip gave me a chuckle though "CC holder for CC's only, do not put ANYTHING else in there but CC's" . Funny thing though, I did put a CC in there after they fixed it, and what a hassle it was to get back out. Needless to say, now the drawer remains empty....stupid drawer.

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Re: (pedro_sandchez)

i use mine for business cars the real intent of that thing.
i also dont get why audi puts that in all of the cars except the TT, just seems to be an odd thing.

· Registered
5,092 Posts
I would use it for parking cards (like credit cards)
But if you don't like the CC holder, you can always swap it out for a cup holder. The A3 sportsback in europe has a cup holder because the floor console has none. Mind you on some models it might be a problem with the shift stick.
The cup holder can be a nice place to put a cell phone or an Ipod (with the little foam holders...)

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Re: Beware of the card holder... (eltonsi)

i've had a pack of orbit gum (the boxed kind with the trident looking wrapped pieces) in there for 3 weeks now without a hitch....
its kinda a nice touch / funny moment when i ask my passenger if they want a piece of gum and i tap that thing open...
*sparx*

· Registered
2,873 Posts
Re: Beware of the card holder... (limesparks)

Quote, originally posted by limesparks »
i've had a pack of orbit gum (the boxed kind with the trident looking wrapped pieces) in there for 3 weeks now without a hitch....
its kinda a nice touch / funny moment when i ask my passenger if they want a piece of gum and i tap that thing open...
*sparx*

That works since the two rectangles look like gum.. you could say thats what is for.
I was playing with it in traffic the other day trying to think of something I could put in there so if I popped it open something cool was there.. but I can't think of anything right now..seems like a cool place to hide an electronic boost controller but really no room for any on the market (and a chip is the best way to go anyway)

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Re: Beware of the card holder... (PD Performance)

Quote, originally posted by PD Performance »

That works since the two rectangles look like gum.. you could say thats what is for.
I was playing with it in traffic the other day trying to think of something I could put in there so if I popped it open something cool was there.. but I can't think of anything right now..seems like a cool place to hide an electronic boost controller but really no room for any on the market (and a chip is the best way to go anyway)

i had an idea of taking the drawer out to put in an integrated radar detector display. could probably rework the front piece as a false front for it.
*sparx*

· Registered
2,873 Posts

i had an idea of taking the drawer out to put in an integrated radar detector display. could probably rework the front piece as a false front for it.
*sparx*

yeah I was thinking something like that also.. but I"m not transfering my V1 from the jetta to the A3.. I retired from speeding 2 years ago

This is my setup in my jetta.. V1 remote display cut up and fit into the stock cluster... had the unit up next to the rear view mirror which you could only see from the front of the car.. couldn't see if it you looked in from the back or in through the door windows.. I even pointed it out to several cops who claimed to have gotten me with radar and they had to put their head in the car to see it..hehehe...

· Registered
1,795 Posts

yeah I was thinking something like that also.. but I"m not transfering my V1 from the jetta to the A3.. I retired from speeding 2 years ago

This is my setup in my jetta.. V1 remote display cut up and fit into the stock cluster... had the unit up next to the rear view mirror which you could only see from the front of the car.. couldn't see if it you looked in from the back or in through the door windows.. I even pointed it out to several cops who claimed to have gotten me with radar and they had to put their head in the car to see it..hehehe...

I was at a performance shop the other day and this guy had a new beemer where the V1 fed into the OEM info marquee in the dash... very cool. I'm not much of a speeder but i do like to go at least 10mi over and having something sure would be nice. I haven't had a point on my license in 13 years and i don't want to start now (but this A3 is very very dangerous!)
*sparx*

· Registered
2,873 Posts

I was at a performance shop the other day and this guy had a new beemer where the V1 fed into the OEM info marquee in the dash... very cool. I'm not much of a speeder but i do like to go at least 10mi over and having something sure would be nice. I haven't had a point on my license in 13 years and i don't want to start now (but this A3 is very very dangerous!)
*sparx*

What shop was this at, I'm very intersted in seeing how that looks....

· Registered
1,795 Posts

What shop was this at, I'm very intersted in seeing how that looks....

it was at soundwaves in parsippany... the guy was a customer, he didnt work there... joe is the owner of the place and a friend of mine. i think he's got some links to websites with it, i'll get em for ya..
*sparx*

· Registered
133 Posts
Re: (ProjectA3)

Quote, originally posted by ProjectA3 »
i use mine for business cars the real intent of that thing.

Me too. Its come in VERY handy several times already. Most of the time I forget to carry them around so having a designated place to store them helps a ton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.