VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just in from across the pond, this new Maxton Design Lip Spoiler give your MK7 Golf & GTI a much more aggressive look by bringing it closer to the earth without compromising suspension travel. With their solid ABS plastic construction they are actually aerodynamically functional, but who are we kidding? You know you just love the way they look on the front of your ride. Installation is very straightforward, and all mounting hardware and optional adhesive is included as well as installation instructions. And with the black OEM textured look, there’s no need to paint or do any additional work, just simply install right out of the box.

MK7 GTI

MK7 Golf

MK7 Golf "Cup"

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a couple of shots of Maxton lips on our MK7 Golf 1.8T and notavr's MK7 GTI:

We don't have any pictures of the MK7 Golf "Cup" lip installed, but we're working on it. For now, here is a render from Maxton:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Anyone know if you can sand down the texture to smooth it out? Don't like the difference in finishes between this and the plastic pieces already on the bumper.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
been eyeing this lip for the longest time, just couldnt tell if id like it being the Golf version seems to be a little more aggressive than the GTI one. Im glad we finally got some more pictures of them on a Golf.

Pete, would you be able to share who owns the 2 Golf's pictured above? i'd love to see if they have more shots of it. Definitely interested in seeing photos of the cup lip once you guys get them. (i could always test fit one for you if needed :D;);) )

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same for me, I own a GTI, but I think I prefer the more aggressive look of the golf version...

Does it fit on a GTI ?

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
been eyeing this lip for the longest time, just couldnt tell if id like it being the Golf version seems to be a little more aggressive than the GTI one. Im glad we finally got some more pictures of them on a Golf.

Pete, would you be able to share who owns the 2 Golf's pictured above? i'd love to see if they have more shots of it. Definitely interested in seeing photos of the cup lip once you guys get them. (i could always test fit one for you if needed :D;);) )
DanSan,

Owner of the silver GTI is notavr on this forum, if I recall correctly. Owner of the Launch Edition Golf is Brad Jones on FB, he's a friend of mine. He is on air now, hahaha.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Could somebody please explain what the installation process is like? It there any drilling involved?
I actually just installed this on my A3 here at the shop! I just lined it up and used some self tapping screws to hold it in place, then drilled holes for the 10 bolts that I used to secure it to my bumper. Here's a few pictures of the process.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts