VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFI - Motor Mounts for your MK5, MK6, Beetle & B7 Passat

102K views 461 replies 65 participants last post by  pete@blackforest 
#1 · (Edited)

We are proud to offer performance motor mounts for all 2.5L applications. Our poly mounts are unlike any other poly options available. They are produced from a two part liquid cast system in several durometers. This results in both a more uniform product as well as a more durable one..

BFI - Complete Replacement 2.5l 5-cylinder Engine Mounts

After a lenghty period of design and testing we are finally proud to announce the release of our complete replacement engine side mount for Mk5 and Mk6 2.5 5 cylinder vehicles. BFI MK5/MK6 Complete Replacement Engine Mounts are available in 70a and 85a in shore hardness. We recommend Stage 1 mounts for stock & lightly modified Mk5/Mk6 5-cylinder vehicles. Stage 2 is recommended for heavily modified vehicles (ie turbo).

BFI - Transmission Mount Inserts

Upgrade your transmission mount and put more power to the ground while experiencing smoother shifting. Our polyurethane inserts are a direct replacement for those soft OEM pieces and really make a noticeable difference.

BFI - Complete Replacement Transmission Mounts

BFI MK5/MK6 Complete Replacement Transmission Mounts are available in 70a and 85a in shore hardness, vs stock which depending on the model, range from 40-50a. These provide a good increase in firmness for better performance, without dramatically increasing vibrations.

See our entire MK5/MK6 motor mount portfolio here.

Please post here, PM, or email us at: sales@blackforestindustries.com with any Technical Questions.

See less See more
#2 ·
any ideas on when the motor mount will be released for the 2.5?

#4 ·
We're in the process of finalizing development for the engine side motor mount.
There were a couple bumps in the road, but we're not letting that stop us from getting it to market. :D

I have the stage 2! Had it for over a year now and STILL love it! Stiffens the whole motor up and you can REALLY feel it! Once I started the car up it was immediately noticeable...i thought I somehow got an exhaust leak it was so loud! It brings this car to life! Super stiff I start the car and feel it come to life with a tight growl! I totally suggest this to anyone who wants to be connected to car while behind the wheel...plus this thing really launches now
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

#3 ·
I have the stage 2! Had it for over a year now and STILL love it! Stiffens the whole motor up and you can REALLY feel it! Once I started the car up it was immediately noticeable...i thought I somehow got an exhaust leak it was so loud! It brings this car to life! Super stiff I start the car and feel it come to life with a tight growl! I totally suggest this to anyone who wants to be connected to car while behind the wheel...plus this thing really launches now

#10 ·
Make a transmission mount for the 6spd Tiptronic transmission plz BFI! I was the guy who had to find out the hard way it was made for the 5spd manual transmission even though on your website I told you that you could configure it for 2.5 engine and select 6spd transmission and I ended up receiving the trans mount for the 6spd manual for the 2.0T. Anyways, I sold it so live and learn but I would like to see some automatic love!

#16 ·
My stockers aren't what they used to be w/44k miles on them now. I miss the way my car used to grunt and hunker down, like it did on that first test drive. I think I'm going to get this. Can't wait for your solution to the other side! My car lifts rly bad too when I rev the motor. I can't wait to get this worn mount out and pop this sucker in!

#17 ·
^^agreed. i've got 72K on my '08 Rabbit and the motor/tranny mounts feel like they've already sh*t the bed. whenever i let off the gas the car jerks very hard, and the motor has a TON of flex under throttle. it's starting to drive me bananas. i'm surprised at how poorly the OEM mounts have been constructed...this is the first VW/Audi I've owned that has experienced the issue to this extent.

#18 ·
Yeh its no secret that VW's, especially the base models, have a lot of soft rubber bushings that promote the "marshmellow" effect. Talk to anyone over the age of 40 and the "ride comfort" is usually first thing I hear about VW's lol.

I on the other hand, slamming into speed bumps and hitting the on ramps at a lil excess of speed, have definitely worn mine out already. Can't wait to replace these and the strut bushings.

What option do you have on strut bushings for the 09 5 speed 2.5? Does the 2.5 already have "vr6 bushings" or "audi bushings"? Or is there a rabbit specific part in there mucking things up?

#19 ·
The stock mounts in modern VWs are all comfort and no performance that's for sure.
This is a real photo of the stock trans insert:

Looks like warm swiss cheese..

... What option do you have on strut bushings for the 09 5 speed 2.5? Does the 2.5 already have "vr6 bushings" or "audi bushings"? Or is there a rabbit specific part in there mucking things up?
Currently, we do not stock MkV/MkVI strut bushings. These are far more durable then previous generations. That's not to say you shouldn't replace them after x amount of mileage, but with as fresh as the MkV/MkVI platform still is, it hasn't become a failure point for majority of enthusiasts.
I personally replaced mine when I put some Koni coils on my Rabbit, but I have 60k and figured I may as well replace them while I was in there. Having a look at the stock mounts once I pulled them from the car, there was definitely plenty of life left in them. In hindsight, I should have saved my money.

#23 ·
what is the difference between the bsh mount and this one? The insert i'm assuming keeps the stock mount but replaces the rubber with polyurethane? vs the bsh mount which is billet aluminum with the polyurethane?

#24 ·
Our inserts are designed to replace the factory rubber insert while retaining the factory mount housing.
We sell the inserts alone, as well as preassembled mounts.
Stage I Insert: http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/bfist1trmoin.html
Stage II Insert: http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/bfitrmoinst2.html
Preassembled Stage I: http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/mk5prtrmost1.html
Preassembled Stage II: http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/mk5prtrmost2.html

BSH took a different design approach and developed a complete replacement mount.

Our inserts are the most cost effective replacement for the soft, factory mounts. :thumbup:

#33 ·
We have 2.5l billet engine side mounts and billet transmission mounts being developed that will be very similar to the replacement mounts for the FSI/TSI and VR6 platform.

In terms of transmission side mounts for our cars right now, we offer inserts individually and preassembled OEM mounts with our insert like you've pointed out.

#40 ·
This will be just an insert? If so then I'm really in, I like the idea of getting just a nice chunk of 80 duro and dropping her in...

Hope this is the plan

#47 ·
For 2005.5-2008 vehicles, there is just one torque arm insert - 90a durometer polyurethane.

For 2009+ vehicles, we have Stage I and Stage II.
Stage I is a 70a durometer.
Stage II is 90a durometer.

2005.5-2008 vehicles have a different torque arm mounts ("pucks") then the 2009+ vehicles.
The 2009+ vehicles have more rubber in each puck and the rubber is a slightly different shape.
The 90a inserts on 2009+ vehicles - because of the additional rubber in the mount - transfer more vibrations to the back of the puck and into the subframe.
Because of this, we decided it would be necessary to offer a softer 70a insert to reduce those vibrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.