VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
really? what makes you wish you went stage 2? do you feel that the stage 1 is a little softer than you though it was going to be?

sorry for all the questions just want to make the right choice for my car!
idk, i was almost expecting something bone jarring.
i have stage 2 BFI subframe mount already
and i remember that sometimes i stalled out when i was trying to get out of first trying to break that bitch in. that mount felt bone jarring at times.

this one is soft but doesnt flex much.
honestly i feel the stage 2 might just be more vibration than actual performance gain.

pete talked me into getting the stage 1 because its my daily driver, and i still need to drive it moar to really decide if i want to upgrade later down the road.

my stock motor mount only has 67500 as of today but damn that thing really flexed alot

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
nickbeezy,

Thanks for the pictures and feedback. Mucho appreciated!

Break-in is usually 100 miles or so. Once it breaks in the vibrations will be almost non-existent.

I have no experience with Stage 2 inserts on this mount, but given how well the Stage 1 has performed in my 2.5T, I don't see the need to go Stage 2.

Who's going to be the first to go Stage 2? :confused::D

The mount is Ordered, so now I can be cool too!:cool:
We appreciate your business! Enjoy! :thumbup::thumbup:

Stage 3 can be done. We have Delrin bushings available for it.
If you're seriously interested, shoot us an e-mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The mount is Ordered, so now I can be cool too!:cool:
:thumbup:stage 1 or 2?

nickbeezy,

Thanks for the pictures and feedback. Mucho appreciated!
thanks BFI for making awesome mounts.:beer:

We set out to produce the best complete replacement engine mount for the 2.5l. Period.

There's no doubt in our mind that anyone who buys this mount, as soon as they take delivery, will fully realize the quality and craftsmanship of the product they purchased. :thumbup:

these are true words. the mount comes complete with the new hardware. and quality is top notch.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
ok ok i just bit the bullet and bought the Stage 1 motor mount. i've been highly awaiting its release, and now that its available i couldn't hold back. even pricier after shipping, but i know i'm going to be happy with the product's overall quality...

just wish i was at a computer earlier to make the order so that i would have gotten the VW matchbox car as well :laugh:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
ok ok i just bit the bullet and bought the Stage 1 motor mount. i've been highly awaiting its release, and now that its available i couldn't hold back. even pricier after shipping, but i know i'm going to be happy with the product's overall quality...

just wish i was at a computer earlier to make the order so that i would have gotten the VW matchbox car as well :laugh:
We appreciate your business. Thanks so much. :thumbup::thumbup:
Yeah, some lucky customer got the Matchbox car. Not sure who it went out to..

·
Registered
63 Posts
About to order mine..

Any tricks to installing this? I know for the trans insert you need to support the transmission with a jack..

Or is this a quick unbolt the old, bolt in the new?

·
Registered
63 Posts
161 - 180 of 462 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.