VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6

41K views 130 replies 35 participants last post by  black forest ind 
#1 · (Edited)

We offer a complete line of performance motor mounts for all Mk3 and Corrado SLC. Our line of Full Poly mounts is unlike any other poly options available. They are machined from extruded stock, not gravity cast. This results in both a more uniform product as well as a more durable one.

Be aware that the different motors will react differently to the stages. The ABA both weighs less and is positioned differently than the VR6. In general, the ABA will experience more vibration than the VR6 with the same mounts.

The hardware provided is grade 10.9 which is much stronger than the stock bolts, those of which are prone to breakage due to age and especially with harder mounts.

All mounts are available as kits or individual pieces. If ordering a single mount or piece, please specify front, rear, or upper to make sure you get the correct hardware.

BFI Stealth Series Motor Mount Complete Kit

These mounts are specifically engineered to fall in between new factory mounts and our popular .5 Mounts. Shore hardness is 50A - For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A in holey hardness. These are constructed from extruded stock polyurethane and are NOT made from rubber like the factory pieces.
This will ensure an extremely long product life that will not break down like rubber, while still giving added performance with factory-like comfort preserved. Included in the complete kit is a G60 solid rubber transmission mount. Stealth Mounts are Ideal for those that want improved upgrade mounts for performance without sacrificing interior vibration levels on both VR6 and 4-cylinder models.
Complete kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage .5 Polyurethane Motor Mount Complete Kit

These are poly, 60A in shore hardness. They are softer than both our Stage I poly(85A) and Stage II Delrin mounts . These mounts are still a huge upgrade over the stock swiss-cheese rubber mounts.
We developed these mounts for those wanting an upgrade in both performance and durability over the OEM parts, yet were still very concerned with daily comfort. For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A hardness. These mounts will provide an almost factory level of comfort in VR6 cars while offering both an increase in performance and greatly increased level of durability. Vibration is more evident in 4-cylinder models.
Complete Kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage 1 Polyurethane Motor Mount Complete Kit

These are poly, 85A in shore hardness. For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A hardness. BFI Stage 1’s are a huge upgrade over the stock swiss-cheese rubber mounts. Stage I is intended for a higher level of performance, over our Stage .5 and Stealth.
They still offer reasonable ride quality, with some increased vibration over OEM in VR6 cars. Vibration is far more evident in 4-cylinder models.
Complete Kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage 2 Delrin Complete Motor Mount Kit

These are Delrin, and fall in between poly and solid metal as far as stiffness goes. Delrin, like some poly versions, requires some break in time. It will take 150-250 miles for them to soften to their effective hardness. They also require some heat in them to soften up. And on colder days they may have more vibration at start up until driven on for a few miles. They are also self-lubricating so it will never squeak.
The Stage 2 mounts are designed for pure performance, at the expense of ride comfort. They will hold the motor and transmission very securely and help get all the power to the ground. If you drag race or are after total performance, then the Stage II is for you. If you are concerned about vibration, then perhaps you may want to go with a less rigid mount from BFI.
Complete kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

Please post, IM, or email us at: sales@blackforestindustries.com with any Technical Questions

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6 (black forest ind)

Def need the stage II. Hoping to order before h2o so I may have a chance of driving down....

#4 ·
Re: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6 (benzivr6)

currently running the stage 2 trans, and the stage .5 front and side mounts. i killed my solid G60 i had in there, and now, it is SOLID as a rock. vibration is there, but not too bad.
holds 400+ whp really really well now

#5 ·
Re: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6 (black forest ind)

Well I guess it time for my review guys. I removed my old VF-E front mount which to find wasn't as bad of condition as I thought it would be but still it was time for a alittle change. Installation was pretty straight forward ( The guys at my job saw this new Delrin mount and told it looked like a glorified piece of PVC pipe) The hardware was great nice and thick and well machined and the inserts was machinced up pretty god as well. I tooked the car for a spin and instantly I felt a difference and suprisingly there alittle LESS vibration than the VF-E front mount so after about 6 hours driving time BFI Delrin gets a thumbs up. I guess I will continue to review in about 400miles for a final opinion but so safar sophukin good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#11 ·
Re: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6 (burton198)

Quote, originally posted by burton198 »
any G60 kits?

Any of our Mk2 mounts will work for G60 applications - unfortunately for G60 owners, none of the Mk3/SLC mounts (except Trans mount) are compatible.
See all Mk2/G60 options Here!
Feel free to email us and we will suggest the best mount cocktail for your needs http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#13 ·
Re: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6 (burton198)

Got my full set of stg.1 poly @ h2o. WORLD of difference. It made spinning tire in 4th gear feel just that much safer http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·

waiting for my stg 2's!

#19 ·
Re: (chrisd1891)

Quote, originally posted by chrisd1891 »
Just ordered some of the .5's. My motor seems to want to escape from the engine bay, so I figured it was time to get some new ones.
But $20 shipping on motor mounts?

We are sorry if you think that is too much for shipping - that price directly reflects full damage/loss insurance, our handling costs, and UPS's Ground shipping charges http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.