are these the right numbers?
left 3D1.941.031 E right 3D1.941.032 E
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bi-Xenon headlight Part numbers for (CLMims)

Ha ya, im watching a few on ebay germany aswell, used to do this all the time to find ABT parts for the TT.
The only thing im worried about is making sure the lights come the controllers and brackets needed to retrofit them. Or atleast being able to source them.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The bi-xenon headlamps are exactly the same size and fitment as the original headlamps so there shouldn't be any problems with the physical installation (apart from it being a right fiddle to get the headlamps flush with the bodywork!).
As for the controllers, because the bi-xenon headlamps only use one HID bulb, you should be able to transplant the bulb and controller from your old headlamps into the new ones (I think). I'm not sure about the cornering functionality, though.
Harry

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Interestingly, I saw this auction on fleaBay for another bi-xenon headlamp that looks different to the normal ones (no dimples round the outside headlamp):
http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Phaeton-...4eabf
It's also made by Hella (apparently) instead of Valeo who makes all the others.
Perhaps a pre-production part?

Modified by Prince Ludwig at 4:39 PM 1-30-2010

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Bi-xenon seems to have become industry standard terminology for a single HID bulb with an actuated beam cutout in front of it so it provides both high and low beams. The original Phaeton headlamps are more correctly dubbed dual-xenon as they have dedicated HID bulbs for both beams. I'm guessing the reason they were discountinued is that they're much more expensive and you have the warm up problem when using the high beams.
Harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.