VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they get really dirty/show a lot of dirt? Alot of scuff marks? Just curious how these hold up over the long run, especially with an infant.

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: Biege leather interiors? (veedubinla)

my fathers audi has beige (melange) leather and its held up fine. the floormats show a bit of dirt and wear but the seats look fine with no discoloration or stains.

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
How old is the infant? If s/he is old enough to reach the back of the front seats with her legs, then expect to clean often - my wife's boss is in that boat.
Ours are still clean after two years - no kids. You also have no worry about snow, so even your carpets will look great (we use monster mats).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (mojojojo.ca)

Quote, originally posted by mojojojo.ca »
How old is the infant? If s/he is old enough to reach the back of the front seats with her legs, then expect to clean often - my wife's boss is in that boat.
Ours are still clean after two years - no kids. You also have no worry about snow, so even your carpets will look great (we use monster mats).

The boy is 6 months old now..but I"m leasing my next car very soon and will have it until he's about 3 1/2. And yeah, we don't have to worry about snow and very little rain. But he'll be in a car seat way beyond that as well.
What about the front seat with the driver and passenger getting in and out? Again, no snow here so that's a plus. Just wondering about scuff marks showing...

·
Banned
10,659 Posts
Re: (veedubinla)

My friend has a 91 535i and it's beige interior is BEAT (keep in mind that it IS a 91). Recently my girlfriend just purchased a 2000 Jetta and the leather is gross. It's cracking and it's faded and dirty. I think the prior owner was a smoker though, so who knows. Personally, I think a beige leather interior is too much work. But they do look really nice in the right car.

·
Registered
23,277 Posts
Re: (VeeDub53)

I have a beige interior in my 2001 Jetta, it has 54k on it, so I can comment, overall its held up pretty well, I mean you see more dirt when its dirty, but when I clean it everything cleans right up. The only part thats kinda anoying is that the headliner shows more dirt than usual too, but nobody ever really see's it. Most people that see my car when its cleaned ask if its new.

·
Registered
23,277 Posts
Re: (veedubinla)

Quote, originally posted by veedubinla »

The boy is 6 months old now..but I"m leasing my next car very soon and will have it until he's about 3 1/2. And yeah, we don't have to worry about snow and very little rain. But he'll be in a car seat way beyond that as well.
What about the front seat with the driver and passenger getting in and out? Again, no snow here so that's a plus. Just wondering about scuff marks showing...

you'll be fine then, your in cali. realy I like beige alot more than black or grey, it looks alot classier, especially in MKIV's. My mom has a B5 passat with a black interior, and even she says she likes the beige better

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Re: (Jettavr666)

Quote, originally posted by Jettavr666 »
I have a beige interior in my 2001 Jetta, it has 54k on it, so I can comment, overall its held up pretty well, I mean you see more dirt when its dirty, but when I clean it everything cleans right up. The only part thats kinda anoying is that the headliner shows more dirt than usual too, but nobody ever really see's it. Most people that see my car when its cleaned ask if its new.

Agreed--I had beige leather in my Jetta as well. The upholstery was fine--I actually had issues with shoe skuff marks on the beige plastic. Can't recall if the older 5's still had a lot of black plastic in places where the MKIV has beige.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Re: (fitch)

I have beige in my e34, and looks quite good for a 14 year old car(the previous owner had two kids as well). A few cracks here and there but looks quite good. Needs a bit of leather restoration.. but other than that looks good. Doesnt show dirt for a while either, its pretty easy to maintain, just use leather conditioner once in a while.
I had black leather on my jetta, a custom job my me... the thing showed dirt faster than beige though. IMHO beige looks classier than black(ofcourse gray looks the best). If you compare beige leather and black leather from the same car and same type of ussage.. they would look comparable I would say.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts