VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, figure i would make a picture/timeline thread. I grew tired of my mark IV GTI and deicded to upgrade to a mark V R32. Here is the last pictures of the mark IV before i started to part it out.

DJ's GTI Explored by Collin Gray Photography, on Flickr

Just had my CW R32 arrive at work on the back of a truck. It is number 4446, and has 50k miles which i scooped up for 16k in the south. Unfortunatly i have no real pictures of it yes as it was down pouring when i received it. Only picture with an iphone so far.:(

While i wait for the rest of the militek exhaust to arrive i threw on a OEM Golf R catback to delete the res. To be honest, it sounded as loud as the militek non res, and still retained the raspy noise everyone loves. Also threw in a Evoms intake i got for free.

Near plans:
ISC coilovers
new wheels and tires
Euro tails
Militek manifolds and link pipes

Winter plans:
034 motorsports turbo kit (i helped build a gt35r 24v vrt)
Here are the wheels im stepping up to 18's. I just finished building them in 17's and to my knowledge i am the only one ever to do it.

·
Registered
14' GLI, 17' Tiguan Sport, 08' R32(sold)
1,197 Posts
congrats on the car and cant wait to see what you do with it

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow nice MK4 and awesome deal on your new R!

This will be a nice thread to follow :thumbup:
thanks, i thought i got a steal as well:laugh:

congrats on the car and cant wait to see what you do with it
thanks man:thumbup:

So here is a few from today, nothing special. Function > Form right now, and i enjoy everyday of it. Suspension, wheels, and some minor adjustments should be done by waterfest.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so i had Roc-Euro throw on the militek non res today. It changed the sound from the exterior in the best way, however the interior drones quite bad. I am planning to now go catless with the res section added back on. thoughts? also suspension and wheels should be done for waterfest.

The third and fourth picture s are pretty cool.

Why all the fish eye exposure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
It was the only other lens i had at the time besides a 200mm which didnt work as i wanted it too. Even zoomed in the exposure is noticable.

:thumbup:
:thumbup:
Congrats on the new ride! :beer:
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:eek: I'm guessing you're not into Chinese numerology.

Don't that seriously. Welcome aboard. Nice GTI BTW. :thumbup:
Thank you thank you. Now explain this numerology thing. I Google'd without many results.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
not too sure how i feel about that lol.
I was kidding and besides I'm not superstitious or Chinese. I think you're safe. Unless it's Candy Red, in which case it's cursed. :laugh:

But you're CW so all's good! Best color BTW. I wish I had mine in CW.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Waterfest was a blast. I was at the vendor booth for Roc-Euro if you swung by. the track suspension kit from ISC did really well with the mark v and mark vi R crowd. I should have my kit on soon when i get time and i will have detailed pictures then. Also, whoever had the blue r32 on the white rotiforms pushing 22psi, nice meeting you.:wave:

I picked up a UM DSG/ECU tune with spark cut while i was there as well. The DSG tune made the biggest difference, and the spark cut is just fun. Dont feel a difference on power, but i didnt expect a N/A tune to bring that about. I have a question for anyone with spark cut, does anyone run high-flow cats? Or, does everyone just roll catless.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amazing pic dude!!!

:beer:
Thank you! I have a ton from that night but i get lazy lol. Figuring out some forced induction options while i wait for the new suspension.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Progress is going slow. I am now looking into new sway bars, ISC track suspension, and forged wheels in the upcoming month. I went out and took pictures of my friends car and took some launch video's or the R and the exhaust. Here are some pictures for now... Sorry if you dont like mark iv's:laugh:

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,245 Posts
Congrats man.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Went to a local dyno day with Roceuro and all the golf R's. it was mustang dyno which I put down 217awhp/224tq then 222awhp/224tq. The numbers to me seemed about 15% high but the only correction was a weather correction which doesnt affect numbers. The other Golf R's seemed to be right around where they are supposed to be along with a 2+ b8.5 s5. ill post pictures and videos tonight including a stage 2+ golf R running 110oct breaking a strap! Also, catless piece from Milltek finally shipped!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts