VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I upgraded my MKIV brake rotors, braided lines, pads, and painted the calibers. Then we bleed the system with the pump and hold method, draining about 3/4 of a liter per wheel and the clutch. Now my clutch feels fine but my brakes are still really soft. I mean straight to the floor after 30 seconds. You can pump up the pressure but then it goes away. Does anyone have any ideas?
-D

· Registered
8,388 Posts
Re: Big Time Brake Woes (vw_newbieVR6)

either rebleed or you are leaking fluid out of an untight bleeder or......you blew out the master cylinder by holding the pedal too far down when bleeding, past its normal operation range, which slide the o rings in the master past built up gunk, then breaking the o rings = busted MC
try engauging the abs a few times as well.
also what pads did you use? all new pads will feel really strange in the beginning but mintex redbox are notorious for giving a vague soft pedal feel, even fully bedded in.
but the whole straight to the floor leaves me to beleive a busted master or fluid leak/massive air still in the system.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Big Time Brake Woes (Banditt007)

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I am pretty sure it has always been bleed at the shop so the seals were my idea also.
Thanks for the info. I am taking it to the shop today, so I will let you guys know what happens.
-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.