VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to build a motor for my 2000 A4 to swap in over the winter but I've never done this before, I purchased a whole engine and trans from a 2003 Jetta for $100 and started ripping the engine apart. I planned on doing the 2.0t stroker build with the IE forged crank, just wondering if this build will be worth the money or I should just go with a simpler build to start. I also wanted to know if swapping the large port AEB head would be worth or if it's not necessary. I'm looking to make around 350-400hp. Also wondering what the best turbo to go with would be, I see a lot of people going to the 3071r on these builds. Any information helps as I'm totally new to build a big turbo car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
My advice would be to find a shop that can help from start to finish e.g. mechanical, electrical, tuning and in shop dyno if possible. Determine your goals and stick to them; decide almost EVERYTHING e.g. performance parts, AWHP goals, etc. Try to make it so you don't need to constantly update parts in the future. Find out which tuning suite you will be best for your goals. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My advice would be to find a shop that can help from start to finish e.g. mechanical, electrical, tuning and in shop dyno if possible. Determine your goals and stick to them; decide almost EVERYTHING e.g. performance parts, AWHP goals, etc. Try to make it so you don't need to constantly update parts in the future. Find out which tuning suite you will be best for your goals. Good luck!
Currently balls deep in the build now! The engine is almost completely assembled, just needs exhaust valves and cams installed before I put the engine in the car. Sadly I have a cast manifold and a clone gt3076r, I really would like to upgrade to a nicer manifold with v-band. It's coming together slowly but surely.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Haha! Just realized it was a post from 2019. Talking about a resurrection. Looks nice though. My build has been slow due to needing others to work on it for me: I moved around a lot. It should be finished this year... Hopefully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts