VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought most of the kit off vortex, its a eip kit with a t3t4 inavative turbo. I have all the parts i need to install.
I just removed the stock turbo and down pipe. I mocked up the new turbo & manifold and noticed that the oil feed & return are not vertical. I should (clock) the turbo so it is vertical.. right??
If i do is there anything i should be aware off.
Thanks... i will update when i can.

Modified by FastGinsterGTI at 10:36 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
6,621 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Build (18T_BT)

ive been happy with everything ive gotten from EIP. id suggest going with the Eurodyne.ca 630cc software. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (BOOSTINDUB)

Quote, originally posted by BOOSTINDUB »
I HAD A REALLY REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THAT SAME MANIFOLD AND DOWNPIPE. IM ME FOR DETAILS.........

Dont tell me that

I just send out the ECU to Unitronuc for there 630cc software. Im running a larger mass air & intank fuel pump.
Im trying to figure out the oil feed & returns.
Im posting a pic of a blue line with a black pipe, can some one help me out with what to do with them..

The kit came with oil feed but it wont thread into the turbo so i have to get a adaptor.....Can i use the stock oil line if i can make it work?Here are some more pics.

Modified by FastGinsterGTI at 10:41 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Turbo freak)

WOW! lots of hate with EIP... LETS GET OVER EIP PLEASE.....
Im NOT running there software, Just the manifold, Down pipe, dump tube & some hardware.
Quote, originally posted by Turbo freak »
I`d install the pagparts manifold (almost the same config) with the OEM oil return. With two cuts and welds you are done.
The best part is that it remains toward the engine instead of being behind the axle.

How can i use the OEM oil return? It wont fit the turbo.

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (tdipower4me)

Man, i guess i should just give up..... looks like everything i have sucks

I will try out the turbo, and if it blows,i guess i will have to step up to the plate and get a real one.
Im working on the car tonight, so i should have new pics.

· Registered
3,624 Posts
na, don't give up. it will be a pita to get everything all set. most people that go from stock think its easy as throwing in a downpipe... well its not. you will run into problems. for example, you will get a ceratin fitting, it won't fit, bolts will back out, studs will break, but when it does run right.... it will MOVE!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.