VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around at my options...i would like to go with an inline pump rather than in-tank...im looking at the Walbro and MSD pumps but ive seen a few others out there...
what are all of you guys running?? and where did you pick the pump up and what was the price??
turbo plans are coming along nicely so far

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (new 337)

You can't go wrong with Walbro, that's what I have. And I think that is the same on that Tyrolsport uses.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: (Cypher2k)

Quote, originally posted by Cypher2k »
after doing the in tank thing..
I would do an inline if I had to do it again.

As much as I like the TyrolSport pump I think I would too. Having no reserve fuel surrounding the pump during cornering is just not a good thing. I think my fuel pressure took a dive one time in a hard corner. But it could have been something else. But like you I think I would leave the OEM pump in place and go for a inline.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (MRP2001GTi)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif sweet thats what i plan on doing...anyone have any info on MSD inline pumps?? I'll probably stick with walbro...waiting for one to pop up on ebay perhaps...
ill probably go with the tyrolsport adj FPR tho

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Re: (1.8Tagger)

I run a bosch inline along with the stock pump and it works very....Im going to pick up mikes pump and take out the inline mainly to neaten up my engin bay. FrankiEBoneZ already proved the Tyrol pump to some where in the neighborhood for 400 crank with out showing any signs for running out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: (Cypher2k)

Quote, originally posted by Cypher2k »
I am going to trim and attach the lower filter element. Hopfully It wont fuel starve as easy.

I did this, I really dont understand how I could have sucked air as the bottom of the pump is right against the bottom of the tank (its spring loaded). It could have been a fluke or like I said something else.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (1.8Tagger)

i am also running a walbro inline.........works well and is pretty quiet....

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (spl147)

Tyrolsport
Installed a few of them, never had any problems unless you don't push it down all the way. It still has the ability to hold as much fuel as the stock pump if installed correctly

·
Banned
6,142 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (chris86vw)

Quote, originally posted by chris86vw »
Tyrolsport
Installed a few of them, never had any problems unless you don't push it down all the way. It still has the ability to hold as much fuel as the stock pump if installed correctly

After it was installed I was basically on empty and did some hard conering it seemed fine to me. I did not perform the installation my VW tech did.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (Seanathan)

I am running the EIP stage 2 with 440cc 3in maf and a T3/4
Dont know what size it is, never really checked. Any one know by chance?

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Anyone fuel starved the tyrolsport WITH the sump screen in? I didnt want to cut mine until I was sure it would work, so i never put it on.
Im thinking its why I can suck air on hard accelerations and turns. when close to empty.

(and yes its installed properly.)

Modified by Cypher2k at 12:44 AM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (new 337)

I have the tyrolsport fuel pump ... however some run the Walbro. You could also run a Supra fuel pump or possibly a TT.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Re: Big Turbo Guys...what fuel pump is everyone running?? (Sleeper GM)

Quote, originally posted by Sleeper GM »
I have the tyrolsport fuel pump ... however some run the Walbro. You could also run a Supra fuel pump or possibly a TT.

What are the specs of the R32 pump out of curiosity?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts