VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (stic)

I voted tie, My g/f owns a vr6 and I own the g60, mine may break twice as often but when hers breaks it costs twice as much to fix so therefore the cost to fix both cars is pretty much the same.

· Registered
9,276 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (stic)

I have had a few of both and what i have gone through is g60 is a headache. I loved my g60 dearly but that thing was a money pit. W/ as much i ave had to fix my vr6 i can say that it was over all cheaper to fix. I just blew the headgasket and needed a bottom end and could care less for 3 reasons, 1 the parts are easier to get and more available 2 the vr6 when built seems alot faster then alot of g60's .3 my vr6 doesnt leave me stranded near as much as any g60 i have owned.I always seem to atleast be able to get it home w/ a huge tow bill.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (Boostedcorrados)

i think it really depends on the cars previous owners... theres peopel posting about how their vr6 was worse then their g60 and vise versa... they're both money traps, im sorry i started this poll

· Registered
5,439 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (Golf8VTurbo25)

Quote, originally posted by Golf8VTurbo25 »
this poll WILL end up in a huge battle between VR peeps and G60 peeps........i got the sight like Ms. Cleo

why? we all know the G60 is better in every single way
j/p

· Registered
672 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (VDubbinMK2GTI)

Quote, originally posted by VDubbinMK2GTI »

why? we all know the G60 is better in every single way
j/p

That's the spirit!

My vote did go for the G60 -> I'm tired of replacing stuff on my VR6 Passat ... that can not be normal grrr
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
10,715 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (sensory overload)

Quote, originally posted by sensory overload »
i have never owned a g60 but if i did...........$ http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Not to be offensive, but it's remarks like that - not actual bad experiences with g60's - that perpetuates the g60's bad reputation.

I think this poll should only be open to people who have owned both for more than a year each.

-Nate

· Registered
5,600 Posts
Re: Bigger money traps... G60 or VR6?! (SaabFan)

Quote, originally posted by SaabFan »

Not to be offensive, but it's remarks like that - not actual bad experiences with g60's - that perpetuates the g60's bad reputation.

I think this poll should only be open to people who have owned both for more than a year each.

-Nate
yep, that attitude is what makes the G60 have a bad name...
in the 6 years I have owned my G60 my brother has spent more on his SLC repairs than me. the only major repair I have had was the powersteering rack, maybe the waterpump (if you consider that big). the rest of the money I have spent was maintenance (g-ladder rebuild, suspension bushings, yadda yadda).
I think no matter which you you slice it they are about equal. labor on SLC's are def. more and it is easier to work on a g60 IMO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.