VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookee what I gots!!!!! Installing next week.
- Bilstein Sports + H&R Sport

Now to commemorate my first year of ownership of my MKIV yesterday, my window regulator broke (50k kms) as I was going to pick up my father at the airport.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif To Automobiles Lauzon for being the best dealership ever and fixing it that same evening! (even if they are 45 min drive from home)
And one little comment - They gave me a 2002 Golf loaner. Is it me or the suspension on that car was WEAK!!! My GTI 2000's stock setup is much stiffer than the stock brand new 2002 that was bouncy and extremely mushy in curves.

[Modified by TRBO-GTI, 5:10 PM 6-7-2002]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Bilstein!!!! (TRBO-GTI)

i JUST got the same setup in today
(check sig)
the wrapping around one of my shocks was off (the shock shaft fully extended)
so I took the other one off just cause
it ain't a big deal, right ?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Bilstein!!!! (1.8TMadness)

Saw that! Hehehehe Nice man! But hey, I just notice on your pics that you got a blue rubber cover for your struts. Not me! You think that is necessary?

·
Registered
341 Posts

its just plastic, I can't see why you'd need it

heh
i just hope that wrapping around the shocks is for packing purposes, and hopefully by taking em off, it wont mess up the install
my UP rep (jason) is going to help me install this next saturday

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Bilstein!!!! (1.8TMadness)

See I think I'm screwed because I believe this blue plastic is to protect from dust or stuff to stick on the shaft and damaging the whole thing.... ****e now I'll have to go get this at a distributor somewhere around. I won't go back to Germany to get those..........

Anyway good luck with the install!

·
Registered
432 Posts

LOL, I got the same thing.... except that I'm going with H&R Race http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
What did you guys choose for sway bars (if you did)? I went ABD.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Bilstein!!!! (cuski)

No sway bar for me yet. Don't think it will rub with the H&R Sport. However, I am
now because I do not have the blue rubber piece to protect the shaft!!! Where can I get that??

·
Registered
460 Posts

I also got Bilstein Sports + H&R Race springs+ H&R 15mm spacers ready to go on my car hopefully next tuesday. I quickly ran down to see if mine had the blue plastic cover, and they do. I think you do need it to keep water from goin inside the strut. Maybe you can pull the covers off your stock one.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Bilstein!!!! (NeuspeedVR6)

J'ai acheté ça direct en Allemagne dans une shoppe. L'affaire c'est que c'est pas super pratique de retourner là pour demander mes trucs bleus! Je vais devoir les trouver ici.
pkroker - Yeah I could use my stock ones, but you know how it is, if you get Bilstein, you want bilstein all the way, even if it's only for looks.
BTW did you shocks come with other stuff, such as bolts or stoppers?

·
Registered
460 Posts

This is what i got.. I also noticed the shaft on mine looks a lot thicker than yours... wonder why that is....

Edit: Fix broken image.

[Modified by pkroker, 1:05 PM 6-8-2002]

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Bilstein!!!! (pkroker)

That's weird huh! What's the part # on your strut?
Me I have : F4-VN3-4284-H0

·
Registered
61 Posts

Bilstein has lower cost shocks called TC (Touring Class). Maybe that's the difference?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: Bilstein!!!! (MaxHeadroom)

The blue thing is just a dust cover... but you do need it. It's not a vital part of the suspension, but dust, debris, and other road contaminents could eventually work their way into the shock/strut and cause damage. If you are in a pinch, just reuse the stock ones. They look better than that baby crap blue too.
Tyler

·
Registered
2,711 Posts

Cool, you finally got the Bils...yeah mine also have the blue dust boot. The boot cover will definitely help in your case, since you drive your car in the winter time...
quote:[HR][/HR]That's weird huh! What's the part # on your strut?
Me I have : F4-VN3-4284-H0[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Bilstein!!!! (kingsfan01)

Thanks for the replies. I will try to get the blue ones from bilstein distributors around here.. and if I can't, I'll reuse the stock ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts