VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (Blender)

Search! This belongs in the Golf/Jetta IV forum. I know of one post by a individual that had serious issues with the PSS system regarding the rears. He went through A LOT of stuff with Bilstein to correct it and nothing worked. So he bought a set of H&R's...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (RaraK69)

I was among the first to get the PSS9's and was not satisfied in the beginning...but they ironed everthing out and I am finally enjoying my coilovers. The issues have been resolved and all new kits will not have the problems that plagued a lot of us.....any specific questions should be directed to GTI Matador (i think that's his name)....
Do not be discouraged...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (decoder)

People are usually full of sh!t here. There was a problem with the rear perches on a certain year dub (2001 or 2000). Thats it. One of the best shocks you can buy. All issues have been resolved if you have any problems contact them and they will assist you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (Blender)

They are great, I could not use them too much because of all the construction and crappy roads I have to drive on, but the cornering was freakin awesome!
Now I'm experimenting with different setups to try and find the right suspension for where I live & work.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (Retro)

yeah the construction on them isn't very good. that's a good one. pull your head out! the construction is incredible, they ride really nice, and you can run them at stock height if your roads are bad, or pretty damn close anyway. i had mine a 1/2 inch lower than my H&R spt/bilstein and they were wicked fast on the track, but anything really bumpy and they were alittle bouncy. drader told me to try raising them 'cause the same thing happened with his H&R's and that cured it for him. i just did it and now they're a hair lower than my old set up and no bounce. biggest thing i notice is the way it tracks thru rough corners, no more jerking of the wheel when encountering a mid corner bump. car just tracks smooth. and the fact that when i mash on the brakes, there's no more brake dive.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (M this 1!)

So have the problems with the bilstein coils been resolved entirely? I'm looking into getting a set for my 2001, but am not sure. So all their new coilover kits work just fine, even if you do have the model year that had the problems?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: bilstein coilovers (burdelli)

I have had my PSS9's on for the last 700 or so miles and every day they surprise me! I can corner wicked fast and they don't jar my dentures loose. The roads around here are the bumpiest in the country (IMO) and lately I've been flying on snow and ice without a problem. I recommend them strongly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.