VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure the best way to put this so here goes:
I know someone who's in the wholesale distribution business for aftermarket performance parts for BMWs and is now branching out into VWs. FOr example, he sold me Bilstein HDs for my '01 Jetta VR6 for $141 per shock/strut for the fronts and $62 each for the rears.
Service was prompt and I received the fronts literally 2 days after I placed my order (i guess he's based in cali) and the rears took a bit longer cuz they were back ordered.
So he's given me the go-ahead to let you guys know if you're interested in getting Bilstein products at a low price ... yah.
Likewise I am pretty sure he can get you any Bilstein product you want (or at least shocks ...)
His name is Gary Krumian and his e-mail is [email protected] aol.com (I put a space between the @ and 'aol.com').

·
Registered
534 Posts
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (Mencius01)

Mencius01...get this guy onto the Vortex. We need a good hookup for "near-wholesale" pricing...especially Bilstein and Koni products
. If his prices are right, we'll give his business a serious boost.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Hmmmn... For Bilstein HD's
Pottermans (http://www.parts4vws.com) - Established Quality Retailer
Set = $390.00
You're buddy - ???
$141 + $141 + $ 62 + $ 62 = $406
No slight intended, but he has to at least offer a financial incentive to get business. Food for thought.

Good Luck to him.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (Festus)

oh whoops .. forgot to check the Pottermans' ...
Also I dunno if people outside Cali pay the Cali tax or no but w/ Cali tax (8% is it?) + shipping the total cost is bumped up over this guy's ... i think - i really didn't do the math.
ah well the people i spoke to said his prices were a good deal ... in any case i forwarded him info about advertising here on the Vortex.
Also the reason why i put him up here was b/c my friend who drives a '95 BMW 318is (yeah ok so even he says it's slow but he still fixes it up and he's had Skip Barber (which I want to take)) recommended him to me and I trust my friend's judgment ...

[Modified by Mencius01, 3:18 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
132 Posts

Hey...its a free market. If he can make money and save Vortexers cash for other mods, more power to him. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] Skip Barber (which I want to take)[HR][/HR]​
Best "mod" anyone could make. Do it!

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (dmkozak)

quote:[HR][/HR] Skip Barber (which I want to take)
Best "mod" anyone could make. Do it![HR][/HR]​
Wish it weren't so dang expensive now ...
$1250 for the 2-day advanced driving school? sigh ...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

You know if you work at a Skip Barber school for a season, the course is FREE! Wish I was in a position to do this.

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (Festus)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmmmn... For Bilstein HD's
Pottermans (http://www.parts4vws.com) - Established Quality Retailer
Set = $390.00
You're buddy - ???
$141 + $141 + $ 62 + $ 62 = $406
No slight intended, but he has to at least offer a financial incentive to get business. Food for thought.

Good Luck to him.
[HR][/HR]​
Actually, potterman's has HDs for MK4 for $440. That's enough of a saving for me if he can apply it to Sports. I think I'll email him now.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (FastLapRSII)

quote:[HR][/HR]You know if you work at a Skip Barber school for a season, the course is FREE! Wish I was in a position to do this. [HR][/HR]​
Wish I'd known about that before I graduated and started work ...
how long is a "season"? guess i'll have to crunch down and save up for the payment ...
yah and as long as you guys can save money ... i apologize again if this was more of an "advert" and not a "group buy" ... he has the Vortex advertising contact info now ...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: * * Bilstein products available at near-wholesale prices ... (FastLapRSII)

quote:[HR][/HR]You know if you work at a Skip Barber school for a season, the course is FREE! Wish I was in a position to do this. [HR][/HR]​
Absolutely true. I worked for Skip Barber for about 10 months (until I got laid off) and I did a 3-Day Racing School and a 2-Day Driving School. The only drawback is that you'd have to work in the middle of nowhere, Connecticut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts