VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with the Bilstein PSS9. I have a GTI with stock 17's. With that in mind do I need to get spacers so the wheel clears the springs? Also do i need to get sway bars with the suspension? And what about endlinks?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9 (klooney)

Quote, originally posted by klooney »
With that in mind do I need to get spacers so the wheel clears the springs?

what your talking about there... i have no idea.
i have PSS9s, and you'll need endlinks or a new swaybar only if you drop it too low. driveshaft will rub stock swaybar
GL

·
Banned
6,029 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9 (GTeyePOPPIN)

Quote, originally posted by GTeyePOPPIN »
i have PSS9s, and you'll need endlinks or a new swaybar only if you drop it too low. driveshaft will rub stock swaybar
GL

you dont NECESSARILY need a new swaybar/ or endlinks, some people drop 3+ inches and still have no issues w/ rubbing.
every car is different

·
Banned
423 Posts
Re: (Vdub12)

Quote, originally posted by Vdub12 »
PSSDONTGOLOWENOUGH. Is what they should be called.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
or PSSDONTGOLOWENOUGHANDRIDELIKEABAGOF****.
I hate mine (but I don't need spacers on my LMs or my Long Beaches).

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
There ya go. I think they're built for comfort. I personally think bilstein makes a quality product....but the PSS9's suck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

why do you have problems with the PSS9s. Yeah i dont plan on going that low at all just about 1.5-2 in if that. My car looks like a 4x4 so i wanna close the gap. Plus im more interested in handeling to do auto-x

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
if you wanna do auto x then shine is what you want. it won't close the gap in fact it makes it bigger! but its the best auto x kit money can buy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I though about shine then I realized that im getting the PSS9 kit for 650 brand new. From what ive heard people like it, it wont be the best but hopefully itll work decently enough. Thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
12,242 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9 (GTeyePOPPIN)

Quote, originally posted by GTeyePOPPIN »

GL

LOL, thats funny...I have my perch removed and have had the helper springs out and still running stock sway no endlinks. The issue of rubbing the front sway is different for every car and every year. ITS A HIT OR MISS THING!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9 (extol1337)

Quote, originally posted by extol1337 »

you dont NECESSARILY need a new swaybar/ or endlinks, some people drop 3+ inches and still have no issues w/ rubbing.
every car is different

this is true but also the weirdest thing i have ever heard. i'm finding this out first hand sunday http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.