VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bilstein PSS9's (abt cup)

because of the driving i do i can't go too low, but im looking for better performance, with the adjustability of coilovers, i figure it better than just springs.

[Modified by rednekdubbin, 5:05 PM 8-3-2002]

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Don't get them if you want to go low.[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, cause being stupid low is soo important to a good handling car!!!
The bilstein's are very nice and smooth at the softest setting. If you want great handling then for a Golf you dial the fronts to setting 4 and the rears to setting 2 and have at it.
When I installed mine I also went with polyU rear strut bushings for further stiffening as my beast gets the rallye treatment so stiff is good (so she tells me).
You will need at least a 5 mm spacer for the rears. Mine cost me less than 1300.00 USD for mine.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Actually, you can go pretty low on the PSS9's. I don't know who started the rumor that you can't --- probably someone trying to justify not being able to afford a great suspension. When I first put mine on I dropped them all the way down. my oil drain plug was just under 2" off the ground. Oh and yes the tires were inflated to proper pressure.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9's (SabreVR6)

We installed them on my friends jetta and we can get it low, so low he can't slide a jack underneath with lifting the car fron the fender first. And it gives a nice ride. I would get them if i had an A3

·
Banned
0 Posts
Re: Bilstein PSS9's (SabreVR6)

the fronts can go real low, unlike the advertised 60mm drop.. the rear doesn't go near as low. the ride is very comfortable to great handling depending on setting ofcourse.. but when I had the rear a little lower than the front.. oh man it was smoooth ridin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts