VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to replace my orginal suspension, and would like somthing lower, not incredibly harsh, with improved handling... i was quoted at 1100 for bilstien sport springs and shocks, ALL new hardware, and installation. has anyone tried these? comments on the ride/price?
thanks a bunch

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: bilstien sports (FunctionB4Form)

sounds like a good set up, just i think you can do better on the price, although im pretty sure almost half of that is labor

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: bilstien sports (passatvr6er)

well the price breakdown (approx) is:
shocks, springs, all hardware (ALL) - 850
alignment - 40
labor - 210
they come with a lifetime warrenty

anyone else have any input on these? my mechanic said these are far superior to the FK or weitec kits he has installed on other vw's but id like some more opinions

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: bilstien sports (FunctionB4Form)

Bilstein doesn't have regular type springs, but they do have coilover systems called PSS. But I believe they cost more than that. Maybe they're quoting H&R sport springs? Or Neuspeed? Either way it would be a terrific suspension, but you can do better on the price. Of course if you have to go to a mechanic for the work you lose your choices of where to buy from, and you pay his markup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.