VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Black Forest Industries - MK7/MQB Control Arms with RS3 Solid Rubber Bushing

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  black forest ind 
#1 · (Edited)
We just released our new New MK7 / MQB Performance Control Arms with RS3 Solid Rubber Bushing!

PURCHASE CONTROL ARMS WITH BUSHINGS - HERE
PURCHASE BUSHINGS ALONE - HERE

A WORLD FIRST solid rubber bushing upgrade for MQB vehicles

These RS3 style solid rubber control arm bushings make the best possible OEM+ upgrade for your MQB vehicle. By eliminating the voids in the rubber and having a completely solid rubber bushing, you will gain a significant amount of feel and response during spirited driving, while introducing minimal additional noise, vibration or harshness into the cabin.

The benefits of a solid rubber bushing include:

• Less deflection of the control arm under load
  • Reduced deflection under "bump" load
  • Increased quickness on steering turn-in
  • Decreased Wheel hop on launch

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#10 · (Edited)
My ‘16 6MT with 50k miles had the tell-tale front end squeaking of shot control arm bushings. Since I’ve had seven VWs I was very familiar with the sound. I ordered the BFI control arms directly from BFI but had to make a run to the dealer parts dept for the stretch bolts and nuts. Be aware that the BFI CAs do not come with them. After I got the car up on stands I realized I wouldn’t be able to change out the included ball joints and didn’t want to put the car back down on the ground - you need to have the tires on the ground to generate the torque needed to loosen the axel bolts. Anyway the install was easy to do except for the insane CA bolt tightening required (53 lb ft + 180°). Being on jack stands is not the easiest way to do this so you gotta get creative on how to get these bolts tight.
Another point you need to know is that the ball joint mounting holes on the BFI CAs are slots and not fixed like the originals. So an alignment is required.
You need to factor in the cost of hardware ($30 from dealer) and an alignment ($90) for this job.
Driving impressions are very good so far. Very quiet and added road feel with the solid rubber bushings.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·

It's That Time of Year.
You've been asking for it, and here it is. This is our ONLY sale of the year. There will never be a better time to save on all of those products that you've had your eye on for the last few months. You have exactly 7 days to take advantage of these deals, and after that 7th day, that's it. Save on our all new V2 Engine Mounts, or our just released GSB Golf Ball Shift Knob for DSG / Auto cars, or get an incredible deal on one of our Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Kits. There are literally thousands of parts to choose from and there's no reason not to get a little something for yourself at the absolute best price. As usual, enjoy FREE SHIPPING on all of our BFI parts listed below. You won't find a better deal out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.