VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they ever make black on black? Ive seen black/blue...looks good on the seats but cheap on the doors imo. Only seen one black/white...think it would always look dirty.
Any info/pics appreciated!

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: (switchface)

Quote, originally posted by switchface »
yeah, ive seen black/blue before...but did they make black alcantara on black leather?

I have checked the sales manual. The answer is NO. Only leather trim offers full black interior. Leather/Alcantara offers blue, grey and white combinations.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...anyone have pics of black with grey inserts? I think ive seen it, but i thought it was silver/whiteish...didnt know there was a grey to white distinction.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

Hmm...anyone have pics of black with grey inserts? I think ive seen it, but i thought it was silver/whiteish...didnt know there was a grey to white distinction.

There isn't a grey to white distinction...and there is absolutely, positively no white. The interior packages for a B5 S4 are as follows:
Standard - Onyx or Silk Silver Nappa leather with grey birdseye maplewood trim
Sport package - Onyx Leather/Blue Alcantara inserts or Onyx Leather/Silver Alcantara inserts with aluminum trim. (also came with those brushed aluminum mirrors for MY2001-2002, not 2000)
I guess being an owner of an S4 with the silver interior package, it makes me look at yall weird when you call it white...cause I've seen many cars with white interiors and it looks nothing like white to me. Not even close. It looks like a light ass grey.
Anyways, here's a couple pics of the Onyx/Silver Alacantara seats. Not the best quality pics....but if I find better, I'll post them. I'm sure you can do a quick search on Audiworld and find some better quality pics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i like that a lot....transforms the interior...im looking at the normal nappa leather as boring now.
i think the blue looks great on the seats but almost tacky on the door. loving the grey! is there perhaps a way to remove the panels on the doors only to swap with a normal black piece?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

is there perhaps a way to remove the panels on the doors only to swap with a normal black piece?

Yup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how hard is a light suede to keep clean? i guess that is my only concern for such a sweet interior.
are you guys using a 3m stain repellant/water proofer or something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts