VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use black light on mk3 ???
know how to put it up above between driver and passenger's seat??? like to cut the carpet and the wire and poop
addition: light switch for black light?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Re: black light (mut4z)

mut4z:
good luck, id help ya but i dont know....
these are the kinda replies you'll get if you modify your car unless its euro

Im not saying im for or against what your doing but, i just think that people should keep their mouth shut unless they can help with someones question....

[Modified by ILJM-VR6, 5:47 PM 8-2-2002]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Re: black light (ILJM-VR6)

when I used to run black lights in my pickup I hooked them up to the accessory wire (I dont remember what its called) for the stereo. The one you use to turn amps on. That way the light turns on whenever the car is on. If you want the ability to turn it off just wire a switch inline with that wire and mount it somewhere. If you want it under the dash its easy just mount it up under there somewhere.

Im pretty sure I didnt make any sense but I know what I mean. LOL

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Re: black light (SoCo4Fun)

quote:[HR][/HR]when I used to run black lights in my pickup I hooked them up to the accessory wire (I dont remember what its called) for the stereo. [HR][/HR]​
RCA preouts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Re: black light (ILJM-VR6)

you can hook up the lights with anything that has a + and - leads (amp, stereo , lighter jack) , all u have to do is make a relay switch , that way u will have constant power but also the ability to turn em off and on , u can get a relay from Radio Shack or any Audio shop !! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Re: black light (N2ThaRed)

kinda off the idea of the black light, but what i did was i put a small plasma light above and under my HU so when the bass line drops, so does the lighting.. doesnt light up the whole car, but when you have females in the car, they sure do love staring at it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif wish i had pics to show, but unfortunately, i dont have a digi

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: black light (N2ThaRed)

quote:[HR][/HR]you can hook up the lights with anything that has a + and - leads (amp, stereo , lighter jack) , all u have to do is make a relay switch , that way u will have constant power but also the ability to turn em off and on , u can get a relay from Radio Shack or any Audio shop !! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
yeah my friends told me about the lighter jack
they do have some at radio shack i thought i would buy one but i just don't know HOW to set it up without seeing the wires and stuff ya know

cuz i don't want to f-k my carpet up (roof carpet thing dunno what's it called) if i put the black light above me...

[Modified by mut4z, 4:45 AM 8-3-2002]

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: black light (mut4z)

i think your talking about the headliner.
I saw a cavi with a cool blacklight outside a bar. he had painted the interior in accents with white paint, and looked cool in the black light. but hey, i was fully cut, so who knows.
if ya want to do it, go for it. i also know you can buy them that you just plug into the cig lighter hole, or get a stereo place to hook it up, would be cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts