VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was driving and i pinned it in 2nd to about 5000 rpms.........when i was high up and pinning it my friend who was driving behind me said he saw some black smoke come out of the exhaust....now this only happens when i really get on the gas.....what could this be??? anything due to the charger??

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Re: black smoke? (VelreyW)

hmmmm
i dont remember what black smoke is (could be a few things) but it dont sound good
could be a head gasket or something like that... or was that blue smoke?
bump and hope all is good

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: black smoke? (CuCo33)

im not exactly sure if it was black or blue....it was at night and kinda hard to see.....

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: black smoke? (VelreyW)

If its black then I wouldn't worry too much because that just means that you are running rich.. if you see blue (oil) or white (water/coolant) then there might be a problem, but i would be happy to see black smoke because then you know you are not leaning out in the high RPM's

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Re: black smoke? (MunKyBoy)

mine will blow tiny bit of black out at high rpms nothing to worry bout unless you look like a diesl truck going down street

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: black smoke? (derek95)

hmmmm im pretty sure its not oil because i dont smell the usual smell of oil burn....this seems like good news....anymore insight is always welcomed

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Re: black smoke? (MrVrSix)

I believe that when you go to full throttle the car goes into a full enrichment mode, thus producing the black smoke...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts