VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Passat W8 Overhead Console in black is again ready for distribution. Thanks to everyone who patiently waited for us to finish this next batch!

Wiring Harness and detailed installation instructions are included in the packaging.
Here is how the console looks installed:

NOTE: The console pictured above with 'EuroTech' lit up is NOT the console you will be getting. It is the very first one we made for the shop GLI and we haven't taken a pic of one w/o yet, sorry. Your console will be the OEM look, just black. We'll get a better pic up in the future.
The OEM Passat W8 console and wiring kits from VW have unfortunately gone up in price. You may have noticed other shops increase their gray and tan consoles by around $20 or so to reflect that same price increase. Regretfully, our prices for the black W8 consoles must also reflect the same price increase.
Price for a black W8 consoled is $180.
Now, before you start posting the 'too-high-price' comments (because I've heard them all), please understand that you are buying 2 products here. The first is obviously the VW Passat W8 Overhead Console. The second is the newly painted, customized black W8 console for your .:R32, GLI, 20th AE, 337, and other applications w/ black headliners. We are aware that there are DIYs out there that will allow you make these yourself. I can assure you it is a difficult and time-consuming process... If you have the time and patience, we support you and wish you the best and would love to see your results!
Features: We have quite a few very happy customers who appreciate the time and quality we put behind the painting of the original black W8 consoles. Aside from the standard functions of an overhead console, 2 red LEDs provide subtle, ambient lighting in the 'cockpit' as well as light up the icons on the overhead console to match perfectly with the MKIV dash lighting. The OEM piece has been modified by a painting and baking process to provide a scratch-resistant coat, which comes with a lifetime guarantee.
W8 knob/sunroof switch (optional and for sunroof applications only) The black OEM knob will work fine with our black W8 consoles. However, if you are interested in purchasing the black W8 knob (with lighted position-indicator), you may purchase it for an additional $95. We'll get a pic of just the knob as soon as we can.
Purchasing our black W8 console can be done by calling 425.742.0443. We accept VISA or MasterCard only. Shipping is not included but is on average around $12.
Some links to past/previous posts that will help answer some further questions you may have.
Where it all began | Q&A by TMcNally | And other previous threads for reference:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1537421
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1671127
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1671129
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1537374
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1537362
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1671122
Black sunglass holders are not yet completed. We are trying to perfect the same results with the sunglass holders as we did the black W8 consoles but since the two items are on two different plastics, we need more time to reach the same quality standards as our W8 consoles. Again, thanks for your continued patience!
Regular (gray and tan) W8 consoles are also available. 100.00 for the W8 console, 95.00 for the sunroof knob/switch. Wiring harness and instructions also included.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask...

Modified by [email protected] at 10:25 AM 1-13-2006

Modified by European Technologies at 1:14 PM 9-22-2006

Modified by European Technologies at 1:15 PM 9-22-2006

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Re: Black W8 Console by European Technologies ([email protected])

it is a georgeous addition to the interior, and yes it is pricey but lil things like 12.00 for shipping is where i begin to get annoyed.

Shipping can be no more than 5-6.00 but people jack up shipping, or double it, to make more $$$ n thats where I get annoyed.
Good product tho http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Re: Black W8 Console by European Technologies (BadasslilGTI)

You'd be surprised at how much UPS charges for light packages. That said, it is way too expensive for me at $200...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Black W8 Console by European Technologies (BadasslilGTI)

^ Glad you are happy with the product, but sorry you are annoyed...
We have to pay to insure that package... If it gets lost in transit, UPS is not reimbursing us, and we're out a W8 Console while we send you a replacement. We have other 'expenses' for shipping as well, as do all companies. We have to buy the boxes we ship them in, the peanuts, and pay for the pick-up. We don't get a large discount with UPS or anything because we don't ship large quantities - yet. Someday, and with all your help, perhaps we will be able to reduce our shipping costs.
Our apologies for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
12,483 Posts

This is a great and innovative product. In fact I have my eye on buying one myself.
As far as the $12 for shipping and your justification behind it. It all makes perfectly good sense to me. Seriously though, have you ever looked into FedEx? Their rates are usually much more reasonable than UPS.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Black W8 Console by European Technologies (Supercharged VR6)

We have... Unfortunately we have not had enough good experiences shipping our products through FedEx. Let's just say 'you get what you pay for'.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awesome, I was sad I missed the last opportunity to pick one up, how do I put my name down for one of these?
*edit*
gg reading comprehention, there's the number right in the original post, sheesh, i'll call right after lunch!

Modified by abcfob at 11:58 AM 3-30-2005

·
Registered
12,483 Posts

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
We have... Unfortunately we have not had enough good experiences shipping our products through FedEx. Let's just say 'you get what you pay for'.

I used to run a small business on the side and had excellent results with FedEx. Who knows..
Of course there's always other ways... ie. $199 shipped
Then you don't have to explain your shipping costs.
Sorry to Hijack your thread.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif To a great looking upgrade

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Black W8 Console by European Technologies (Supercharged VR6)

Quote, originally posted by Supercharged VR6 »
Of course there's always other ways... ie. $199 shipped
Then you don't have to explain your shipping costs.
Sorry to Hijack your thread.

Don't be sorry at all... I welcome any questions regarding the way we conduct our business. And don't get me wrong, we've had good experiences with FedEx, too. Overall, we are taken better care of by UPS.
For anyone else who doesn't want to pay the shipping price though, you can always schedule your own pick-up and pay your carrier yourself. Eliminates a call to UPS for us so... Just not sure you'd spend less than $12.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (redbomber1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by redbomber1.8t »
Seriously, though. Does the plastic look exactly the same. In the pictures it looks like spay paint.

Oops, missed this post... sorry. Considering we are 'painting' the OEM console, I'm not sure how to answer your question. The first pic and the 2nd to last pic is actually the exact same console, just pictured under different lighting.
Make sense?

1 - 20 of 423 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.