VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find wiper inserts and inexpensive wiper blades for the 2002 Jetta. my local Pep Boys and AutoZone don't have them, and the VW dealer is charging 25 for blades and 13 for inserts which he states will have to be cut. Which brands and model numbers/sizes will work?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
Re: Blade refills, and replacement blade questions?? (FazTaz)

I can't believe that neither Pep Boys nor Autozone carries Bosch refills. I forget what the lengths are, but it's something like 21" and 19", which are very common. Are you sure you're looking for the right thing?
-Nick

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

I got mine at pepboys for my 2k1 Jetta.....i dun't think they chanegd style or size from 2001 to 2002...
they got em....just look harder. take your old one off and bring it in to the store to match it if u have to....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Blade refills, and replacement blade questions?? (vwsteve)

Neither of my 2 local pep boys or the AutoZone have Bosh Refills. Pep boys has some bosh blades but not the right size even. Its just crazy how a car part store can't even stock something as simple as a wiper blade or refill

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Where can I find wiper inserts and inexpensive wiper blades for the 2002 Jetta. my local Pep Boys and AutoZone don't have them, and the VW dealer is charging 25 for blades and 13 for inserts which he states will have to be cut. Which brands and model numbers/sizes will work?? Thanks![HR][/HR]​
I had the exact same problem when I lived in Colorado for my 98 GTI. I went to Pepboys, Autozone, Checker.. you name it. I finally found the stuff at Target.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Re: Blade refills, and replacement blade questions?? (Mindflux)

How often do you replace your wiper blades? Every year? How can you tell when they're worn? When they don't do their job as well?

·
Registered
418 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Where can I find wiper inserts and inexpensive wiper blades for the 2002 Jetta. my local Pep Boys and AutoZone don't have them, and the VW dealer is charging 25 for blades and 13 for inserts which he states will have to be cut. Which brands and model numbers/sizes will work?? Thanks![HR][/HR]​
As hard as it may be, just fork over the $13 for the Bosch refills at the dealer. Yeah they have to be cut, just use some wire cutters and snip them off straight. Use your old blades as a template. It's really easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Blade refills, and replacement blade questions?? (gtil7103)

It just doesn't make sense. We have a 01 Boxster S that also uses Bosh blades and have had no problems getting refills, blades, etc. Even when we go to the dealer the prices for refills are reasonable, but we get our refills from AutoZone as they are the reinforced non chattering blades that really make a world of difference.
As to how I determine when to change the blades, if they stop doing their job, end up streaking the windshield washer fliud, or start to break apart then I replace them. The newer blades have a color dot that changes color when its time to replace them. I don't know how accurate they are. I assume it just changes color after a period of time (probably 6 months, when it is recommended that blades be replaced).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Blade refills, and replacement blade questions?? (gtil7103)

It just doesn't make sense. We have a 01 Boxster S that also uses Bosh blades and have had no problems getting refills, blades, etc. Even when we go to the dealer the prices for refills are reasonable, but we get our refills from AutoZone as they are the reinforced non chattering blades that really make a world of difference.
As to how I determine when to change the blades, if they stop doing their job, end up streaking the windshield washer fliud, or start to break apart then I replace them. The newer blades have a color dot that changes color when its time to replace them. I don't know how accurate they are. I assume it just changes color after a period of time (probably 6 months, when it is recommended that blades be replaced).

·
Registered
189 Posts

this may be dumb but what is the difference between the blade and a refill? i need to replace whatever is wiping the windshield because it streaks and isnt flexible anymore. it just scrapes across and even when i clean it, it does nothing.

·
Registered
519 Posts

i got mine refill at wally mart, 5.95 canadian dollars, for a pack (comes with 2 refills), made by Lexor,.,., no problems with them ., just cut them to size.,..,
get the Type B, narrow type.,,. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts