VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently changed my front rotors and pads, and when i removed the cap the fluid was so low that some air got in the lines. i went to bleed the rears and the bleeders are completly gone. it looks like the previous owner snaped them.
anyone know how to remove air from the lines without removing the bleeders. i wouuld tap and die them out but everyone is closed for the holiday and i cant buy new bleeders. any ideas?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Rear discs or drums?
If discs you can remove the bleeders from the calipers with vice grips, then replace them.
If they are drums then just get new wheel cylinders, only 12$ from http://www.gprparts.com.
edit- and there really is no other way to bleed brakes without bleeders.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there drums. there is no way to get the air out without bleeding? i am gunna be screwed if i dont have my car for the weekend. =(

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Re: bleeding (i0ls)

ummm... try to get the air "up" towards the front?????
Jack the front up and put the BIGGEST (6 ton?) jack stands ya can under the front sub frame.. bounce and wigge the car to get the air "forward"... bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed the fronts. Use several pints of brake fluid....use a pressure bleeder if ya can. And think of all the effer yer doing just cuase ya cant get $24 worth of rear wheel cyls......

Its THURS - stuff should still be open??????

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well by the time i get out of work 6:30, and ride the bus for an hour and a half its 8:00 when i get home. mabey i can catch autozone on the way back. but i am trying to figure out what to do just incase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts