VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have that stupid ticking sound from my glove box area when I start my car. Forum search shows that's it's not uncommon and is the blend door. Has anyone doe this repair? A forum search shows a lot of people just taking it in to the dealer, but my bumper-to-bumper warranty is gone so I'd like to replace it myself unless it's too involved.

If there is a how-to somewhere that I missed in my search, please let me know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dont they literally just replace the condenser motor or whatever that is? Not sure it can be repaired...... It's some like door opening activated air recirculator or something =D i have that too.. lol.. does the sound every time i turn the car on, but i just hit Recirc and it shuts up.... i plan on getting it fixed but just havent bothered going to the dealer yet.

that and my back window makes a sticking sound as it shuts.... so that's weird

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had that on my old 2015 SE Gti, I thought it was something wrong with the CD Player at first.. like it trying to load a cd and clicking away. Anyway don't know what they did to fix, but the car stank of like a burnt graphite grease or something afterwards, but only when the re-circ air was on. so I never had the re-circulate air on ever again during my last yr of ownership. Now i'm in a 2017 Autobahn, if I get it again, i'll be sure to quiz them a lot more on it, cos don't know what's worse? a click every now and then, or a stink of burning grease, when that re-circulation is turned on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That thing failed on our '15 TDI under warranty (about the only problem the car had in 2 years). I Googled the part number and I think it sells for about $40. Not sure how difficult to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts