VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sorry to hear about your engine. Would you mind sharing what happened?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about your engine. Would you mind sharing what happened?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Engine had 87k miles on it. APR Stage 2+ for the last 5 years. Ran it hard one night. Did my second controlled launch of the year. Got to a red light and it made a faint sound (almost like air escaping from somewhere). Engine wouldn't roll over after that. Audi dealership said it was an internal failure but couldn't give me any more info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really need more information before condemning the engine. Good luck either way.
I agree. Dealership said they'd have to take it apart to know what the actual issue is. Maybe I should take it to a shop and have them dismantle before buying used engine. Or maybe that's a waste of money. I don't know..

·
Registered
2013 Audi A3 2.0Tq 2013 Audi TT-S
1,583 Posts
You could try to find an Mk6 .:R engine as is virtually the same; any minor differences can be accommodated or have parts swapped from the old one where necessary. However you really want to find out what's really wrong with the engine not just some nonsense from a stealer saying "it's internal but we can't tell you any more" :rolleyes: What, is it a secret? LOL. Why you even took it to a dealership to begin with I'm not sure; but anyway, if you can't find a replacement engine your next thing would be to drop the engine and rebuild it. Provided the block is still good (and I'd imagine it would be) then it's probably rebuildable. Of course OTOH, depending on cost as it seems this is not something you'd be tackling even partially yourself (?) then it might be better to scrap/sell as-is and buy another car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts