VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my OEM Blind Spot Mirror for my GTI today, but there's no installation instructions included.
DoI need to remove the mirror covers. or just pop out the mirror? Anyone know how to do the installation?
Pics from ECS, I got mirrors from them and good service, thanks!

Modified by MK4-683 at 8:08 PM 4-13-2006

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Re: Blind Spot Mirror-GTI (MK4-683)

Get a pair of needle nosed pliers
Angle the mirror all the way in so that the edge farthest away from the door can be grabbed.
Pull the mirror away from the housing, don't be afraid to exert force.
Don't pull too far away when it gets loose as there are 2 wires on the back attached to the glass.
Use the needle nosed pliers and pull the connectors off the mirror, note which wires go where.
Orient the new mirror correctly and reconnect the wires.
Place the mirror over the power swivel base and push hard uniformly until it clicks into place, don't be afraid when the base moves. Just center it and push the mirror until it clicks into place.
Wipe your darned fingerprint smudges off and go drive your Fast.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Blind Spot Mirror-GTI (Nurendra)

Quote, originally posted by Nurendra »
Get a pair of needle nosed pliers
Angle the mirror all the way in so that the edge farthest away from the door can be grabbed.
Pull the mirror away from the housing, don't be afraid to exert force.
Don't pull too far away when it gets loose as there are 2 wires on the back attached to the glass.
Use the needle nosed pliers and pull the connectors off the mirror, note which wires go where.
Orient the new mirror correctly and reconnect the wires.
Place the mirror over the power swivel base and push hard uniformly until it clicks into place, don't be afraid when the base moves. Just center it and push the mirror until it clicks into place.
Wipe your darned fingerprint smudges off and go drive your Fast.

WOW
This is damn well explainable! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I'll try it tomorrow

Modified by MK4-683 at 8:28 PM 4-13-2006

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Re: Blind Spot Mirror-GTI (MK4-683)

Quote, originally posted by MK4-683 »
I just got my OEM Blind Spot Mirror for my GTI today, but there's no installation instructions included.
DoI need to remove the mirror covers. or just pop out the mirror? Anyone know how to do the installation?
Pics from ECS, I got mirrors from them and good service, thanks!

Modified by MK4-683 at 8:08 PM 4-13-2006

How much tax & COD did you need to pay when the UPS guy ringing ur door bell?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.