VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my car that's got the problem, as I dont' even own a Jetta, but I'm hoping someone could help out on this board. My friend's MKIV Jetta TDI's signal lights are blinking really fast. I recall reading about how this is a pretty simple problem and could be easily fixed. Does anyone have any tips on what's wrong? The headlight bulb blew out too, does that contribute to the problem? Thanks!

·
Banned
6,488 Posts
Re: Blinkers blinking really fast (vyse)

In most cars, it one of the turn signal bulbs is burnt out, the blink rate gets faster. Is the issue different than what happens with all other cars when a bulb burns out?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Re: Blinkers blinking really fast (NC-GTI)

Quote, originally posted by NC-GTI »
In most cars, it one of the turn signal bulbs is burnt out, the blink rate gets faster.

what he said.
I know on Volvos (S/V70) the contacts on the front bulb burn and cause the same problem (and they still work), so it's hard to find the first time it happens to you.
So check your bulbs and fuses for that side.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: Blinkers blinking really fast (kkkiranreddy)

As others have said, when one bulb is out - the other will blink faster. I believe it is because there is less resistance for the "blinker thing" to work against. This is common in every single car I have ever seen. I am sure that if I am wrong those on this board from MIT will correct me. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts