VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting my 2L ABA back together after having a piston meltdown, I went to start it, cranked right up but immeditly blew the oil filter gasket. I thought it was a bad filter, so I tried another one and blew that one too. I changed the oil pump and everything was fine, raced saturday night with no problems. Went to race today, strapped myself in, started it and blew the gasket again. A friend of fine who races a 944 gave me a Porsche filter because they run a much higher oil pressure. It held for a bit, took the green (lead the first lap) then Ka-bluey. Filter gasket went again
and now I have another meltdown on my hands. anyone know why this keeps happening?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Blowing oil filter gasket (baomo motorsports)

I'm just running the same oil filter that all the books call for except for the porsche one. I did replace the oil pump yesterday and raced last night with no problems, but now it's doing the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.