VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can tell by the title my engine threw a rod. Didn't have a bypass valve on my intake and took some water in. Now what makes this so sad is that it didn't hydro lock on me right away. Apparently I candy caned my number 4 piston rod and it threw 2 weeks later. Now I have to replace the engine, does anyone know a good place to look for engines? Rebuilt engines would be the best since I don't wanna take a chance on an engine that has seen some rough times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
pretty sure if you check ECS they sell blocks, and the like. off the top of my head id say check there or pick up a Performance VW magizine, i know theyre from europe, but i know they advertise companies that sell engines and stuff
with that said, pics if you got 'em?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Custom158)

Thanks. I'll have to take some. The worst part is that my insurance company was able to screw me over and denied the claim. One of the reasons was because the dummy of a VW tech at the dealership claimed he had never heard of what I was describing. But when I talked to other techs at other shops and dealerships and they knew exactly what I've been talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.