VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else has tried this but how much air turbulence do you get coming out of the oil filler car when you open it while the engine is still running. I never did this when the engine was new so don't really know how much air should be coming out of it. I'm just wondering if I'm getting some blowby.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Re: Blown piston rings?? (CharlieGsanD)

Same hear all kind stuff going on in there.
quote:[HR][/HR]quite a bit, when i took mine off, it would almost hover

i recently installed a catch can and it has helped the problem[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Blown piston rings?? (CharlieGsanD)

Sweet I thought it was just me. typically I was just being paranoid.
quote:[HR][/HR]i recently installed a catch can and it has helped the problem[HR][/HR]​
Where did you get your catch can from? Did you plumb a line back into the oil pan for a return line? I use to use the old oil bottle trick in my Rabbit but that somehow doesn't seem appropriate somehow for a new Golf.

·
Registered
36,381 Posts
Re: Blown piston rings?? (20VsilvrGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Same hear all kind stuff going on in there.[HR][/HR]​
Gosh, imagine that! Maybe you're hearing the camshafts actuating your valvetrain, considering the fact that they're right there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Blown piston rings?? (tobyc)

Where did you get your catch can from? Did you plumb a line back into the oil pan for a return line? I use to use the old oil bottle trick in my Rabbit but that somehow doesn't seem appropriate somehow for a new Golf.[/QUOTE]
i got it @ a local off road parts store, its made by a company called "JAZ"
it has a valve on the bottom of it and i just drain it every few months as it fills slowly. there are nicer shiny ones made by greddy & moroso, but seeing as thier legality in CA is questionable, i went W/ this one for its low profile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.