VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a blue 10 inch neon in my 86 GLI for my dash light... only one problem... it would light up the whole car blue!!! fits nicely if you can fit it throught the dash support. (I did, Don't know why you wouldn't be able to)
My brother still has the car and i need to take some pics of other things so I will get pics of that too!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (Milkysunshine)

Acutally i was thinking of that too but i couldnt find one thin enough to fit and i couldnt find a place for the power inverter.
The only neons i could find thin enough are cold cathode neons and they dont come in lengths shorter then 12" which wouldnt fit so i went with LED's

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (Iceman666)

I was thinking the same thing ive seen some smaller than 10" but i just cant remember where, i think it was jcwhitney

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
how about a blacklight tube on white gauges???????

[Modified by RedFuFuG60, 12:32 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (RedFuFuG60)

you should be able to hook it right up to the stock light fader

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (Milkysunshine)

I hooked it right up to the headlight switch. I am sure the fader is possible but mine was fried (plastic melted) from the current of the neons and my fogs with no relays

·
Registered
436 Posts

Or you guys can all pickup a set of indiglo gauges from me! I got htem for all US spec raddo's. They change 6 colors and it has a dimmer! check out the gallery of the CCA site........Ashley Ziel posted a few pics of them in his car.
http://corrado-club.com/gallery/
look in mods-interior
Let me know if you guys want any. There on short supply seeing as I had them custom make for our cars!
Coming soon........A2's, and A3's

[Modified by VWCORADO, 10:31 AM 11-28-2001]

[Modified by VWCORADO, 10:32 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]true but they cost a lot and this costs around $25.....[HR][/HR]​
yup.. they do... but don't they look some sssswwwweeeeetttt!!!!
i absolutely love mine... too bad the car is waiting for some repairs... go figure

oh well.. i can always just sit in it

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (g60_c)

Always good to see a happy customer!
Yes for $25 i guess its a cheaper way of doing it.
but will it look like this......

or like this in the day time....

[Modified by VWCORADO, 4:11 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (VWCORADO)

umm if yuo get white overlays then it will look pretty damn close to that...if you spend an extra $10 for 2 more LED's then yes it will look like that
and you can make the LCD's blue too

[Modified by Iceman666, 4:18 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
436 Posts

yeah got me there........with a little time and patients you can do anything! One more thing you can do........if you go Indiglo or Neon.........is change the color of the LED readout. Why stick with that drab green for the MFI and odometer when you can go blue, red yellow whatever!
I forgot the site that had a writeup on it........If somebody knows where that was......post it! I was going to it anyway but that writeup was great!

·
Registered
105 Posts

then for us with 93 raddo's how can we get our center guages to match? so everything is blue. That would be great cause i have an alpine cd player that is blue.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (mtbiker187)

quote:[HR][/HR]umm if yuo get white overlays then it will look pretty damn close to that...if you spend an extra $10 for 2 more LED's then yes it will look like that
and you can make the LCD's blue too
[HR][/HR]​
You can definitely make the LCD's blue too but no way in hell will your LED setup look as bright as the indiglos. It might look OK, but you can tell it is a $30 fix. I would love for someone to post pics to prove otherwise.
Indiglos are worth the money.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (mtbiker187)

Mtbiker187.......I dont have a pic of that posted.....sorry, but I DO HAVE THAT PIECE TOO! I comes with the 93+ SLC set. I'll try and post some pics of it.
Actually on page 4 of the Indiglo thread I have a bunch of pics......
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=61176&page=4

Just to give you an idea.......and the "BER" on the center console is fixed!

[Modified by VWCORADO, 5:05 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Blue LED Dash Lights....A different Idea :) (fstedie)

quote:[HR][/HR]You can definitely make the LCD's blue too but no way in hell will your LED setup look as bright as the indiglos. It might look OK, but you can tell it is a $30 fix. I would love for someone to post pics to prove otherwise.
Indiglos are worth the money.[HR][/HR]​
I dont doubt it but when you dont have the money to beggin with its another story

1 - 20 of 26 Posts