VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory rcd510 with 9w7 bluetooth module in a 2010 Tiguan, I purchased used. For some reason the microphone isn't working. All the functions except this work. My phone connects, phone book appears in the dash display, I can place and receive calls, and streaming works etc. But whenever a call is placed or received no one can hear me. Any clue why this is happening? I took the microphone out to inspect it and it looks undamaged. I disconnected the Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and installed a new microphone. But the microphone is still not working. All of the other bluetooth functions work. Any clue what could cause the microphone to not work? The cables are all connected behind the radio as well.

This is a photo of my bluetooth module:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Possible solution

I have a factory rcd510 with 9w7 bluetooth module in a 2010 Tiguan, I purchased used. For some reason the microphone isn't working. All the functions except this work. My phone connects, phone book appears in the dash display, I can place and receive calls, and streaming works etc. But whenever a call is placed or received no one can hear me. Any clue why this is happening? I took the microphone out to inspect it and it looks undamaged. I disconnected the Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and installed a new microphone. But the microphone is still not working. All of the other bluetooth functions work. Any clue what could cause the microphone to not work? The cables are all connected behind the radio as well.

Not sure if this applies to all VW radios, but pressing the volume button ( if it has one ) works as a mike mute. Hope this solves your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if this applies to all VW radios, but pressing the volume button ( if it has one ) works as a mike mute. Hope this solves your problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a volume button, and a mute button. The microphone doesn't show that it is muted, until I press the mute button. But no matter what, no one can hear me. Have been searching for the solution for months no. Very frustrated! :mad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can get a Chinese one from Amazon, I suppose amazon guarantees that it will work fine. Anyway a genuine rosstech interface will always be a good choice, especially if you plan to drive vags for a while

Enviado desde mi D6633 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any solution?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if you found a solution. I bought a used 2010 Tiguan and it has a Bluetooth module that I have connected to , And I can hear calls through the speakers, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a microphone. The radio doesn't have any Bluetooth symbol . There are no Bluetooth buttons on anything on the steering wheel nothing on the dashboard. There is definitely a Bluetooth module . I am wondering if I can add an aftermarket microphone? I know original VW equipment is the best for VW's, but I can't afford that right now, so I'm also wondering about an aftermarket radio that has Bluetooth connect ability with a built-in microphone.

I'm hoping to find a simple solution to get Bluetooth up and running through the vehicle. I have an earpiece that I use and even a plug-in FM radio transmitter , but I would like to make use of the cars built in Bluetooth module. I think it would be the best quality. The car has been in an accident with damage to the right front fender and I don't know how involved the accident would've been, or if something would've been removed or damaged. I do hope to get a VCDS for diagnostics and programming at some point but again it's not in the budget right now. I would appreciate any and all ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts