VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to determine if this is the car or the phone.

Here's the situation...

Driving using bluetooth audio (Spotify usually) working A-OK.
Stop for a few minutes to run an errand.
Turn car back on, audio cuts out intermittently, but fairly often, over the next few minutes. Almost seems like it's linked to hard acceleration at times.
Eventually, things settle back down and work normally again--usually after a power cycle of either the radio or turned bluetooth on/off on the phone a few times, or I get sick of it and switch to the radio.

I'm thinking I'll have my iphone as well as my ipad ready to go, and when this begins to happen I'll connect the other device and see if it continues. I also need to attempt a phone call while this is happening, and see if the same behavior continues while connected for a phone call.

Anyone else have similar experience or issues? Any fix?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yup similar issue, although I havn't entirely figured out what the problem is and how to fix it, I think i've gotten it down to so it doesnt happen as often.

So I use spotify as well over bluetooth and when it doesnt play over bluetooth I simply either switch from radio then to media again or most cases I restart Spotify and it does the trick.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it be streaming/buffering related? I use Spotify all the time but haven't experienced what you describe. Only once has a low signal caused it to cut out for a few seconds.
It could be related to Spotify, but I don't think it's a streaming/buffer issue as I have my playlists saved for offline use.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have this same issue when playing for my music collection (not streaming). It seems to happen when it is in my left pocket but if I put my phone in the cup holder no issues.

So I thought I noticed this was part of the problem too, as I usually carry my phone in my left front pocket. However, this doesn't occur every time my phone is in my left front pocket, and once it's started, moving it to the cup holder or the air vent mount I have doesn't immediately fix the problem either...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yup similar issue, although I havn't entirely figured out what the problem is and how to fix it, I think i've gotten it down to so it doesnt happen as often.

So I use spotify as well over bluetooth and when it doesnt play over bluetooth I simply either switch from radio then to media again or most cases I restart Spotify and it does the trick.
X2. Samesies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had periodic, short dropouts at one time and didn't know what it was. I think it was my Pebble smart watch.

It had started going through its battery charge in a day, normally it would last a week or so. I think there was an issue with the watch or my iPhone and it may have been pinging the phone repeatedly. After resetting the watch and the phone, the dropouts stopped.

May not be related to your situations at all, but if you have other bluetooth devices active to your phone at the same time you're streaming, you might try disconnecting them for a bit and see if that helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think I've determined the cause of the dropouts I've been experiencing. Today while driving, I noticed that the sound was dropping out when I rest my left hand down onto my lap. The iPhone is in my left pocket. Part of my wrist rests over the back of the phone when doing this. At first I thought it was perhaps my watch that was causing some interference. But I removed the watch and observed the same problem when resting my left arm. I also found that if I placed both hands one over the other and over the phone (still in pocket) it would consistently cause the sound to dropout. Lift my arms and the sound came right back!

So I guess I'll try keeping my hands on the wheel from now on. :p

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the same problem using Spotify but all my albums are saved to the phone. The problem occurs when the cpu is busy, like when I start an app. The problem never occurred on the 2014 Corolla i was driving and bluetooth would sync instantly. In the Golf, it takes about 30 seconds to sync.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I noticed this same issue the other day. I have my phone in my right pocket. When my hand is on my leg covering the phone, the Bluetooth cuts out...I think it's all about not blocking the Bluetooth module on the phone and all will be AOK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same issue!!

Mine does the exact same thing. 2015 TDi. Luckily my car is still under warranty. It drives me crazy. I'm going to email my dealership now! It's not the phone. My phone works flawlessly with all kinds of bluetooth speakers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yup phone in right pocket no problems, phone in left pocket it will cut in or out. Put my hand over it makes it worse. Yet I can remote start my car and stand 15 feet away and it will play fine?! VW blutoof sucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts