VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to utilize bluetooth phone with 2006 GTI steering wheel phone controls ???? Is there a kit for this ? Thanks.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Bluetooth phone capability ??? (stevekcropper)

not that i know of. but there are some other options out there. there were some posts about these other options last month. try a search and see what you can find. hope this helps.

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Re: Bluetooth phone capability ??? (stevekcropper)

Quote, originally posted by stevekcropper »
Is it possible to utilize bluetooth phone with 2006 GTI steering wheel phone controls ???? Is there a kit for this ? Thanks.....

Not yet. If you have a Motorolla phone you can get the Motorolla kit installed but that has its own control module that would be mounted someplace. usually on the dash
See this thread for more info.
More info here also.

·
Internet Lighting Police
9,381 Posts
Steve.....

Both your questions are answered in nauseating detail in this forum and the forum FAQs.
You'll refrain from getting flamed if you spend a bit of time reading the FAQ and searching the forum........
BTW - Welcome

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: Bluetooth phone capability ??? (dieselgirl)

Quote, originally posted by dieselgirl »
Not yet. If you have a Motorolla phone you can....

I'll elaborate on the "not yet" part. It's a commonly held belief on this forum that Volkswagen has a kit in development but I'm not aware of any real evidence that this is the case. I would guess that this stems from the massive number of salespeople trying to quickly come up with a reasonable sounding explanation as to why these cars have phone buttons on the steering wheels. After all, it's 2006... What company with any sense about it would introduce a brand new phone kit that required wires?

·
Internet Lighting Police
9,381 Posts
VW in Germany informed me....

....that no BT kit was in development and that there are phone kits (hardwired) available in Europe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts