VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. Thanks to the estimable spockcat I am trying to get my phone to work with the Touareg (on the road a lot). I am going to use the HCB-30 Bluetooth adapter by Sonyericcson. Anyway, the pins are all pretty easy to figure out except for the “ignition sense” wire from the Bluetooth box. Anyone know where on the Touareg, or the fuse box such a wire should go? Thanks!

· Registered
60,780 Posts
Re: Bluetooth phone (grayish)

I think the upper two rows of fuses are hot all the time and the lower two rows are switched.
You will notice I am wired only into the lower row - switched - although the wire I am using is a red - power all the time - wire. The blue wire shown is the ignition sense wire and it didn't work with the Nokia kit and 6340i phone as advertised. Sometimes you have to improvise.

· Registered
906 Posts

Please let us know how this works. While I'm not using the Sonyericsson phone (I prefer the Nokia), I am planning on purchasing the phone shortly and having an install shop install a BlueTooth car kit in my Treg. Interested in seeing how well it works. They tell me they will be able to integrate it with the pause/mute function of the radio/CD changer. I've used this shop many times before and they are very reliable, but I'm still interested in hearing about it. TIA.

· Registered
699 Posts
Re: Bluetooth phone (spockcat)

Quote, originally posted by spockcat »
I think the upper two rows of fuses are hot all the time and the lower two rows are switched.
[/img]

Spock is right about the upper banks being hot all the time. I used open upper right slot (top row about 3rd from the right) as a constant hot for my Cell Car kit install ( I too performed the install after seeing spocks and uriah's pics... i did it yesturday.. i love the damn thing.. . nokia 3560 and CARK 134 http://www.nokiausa.com/nokia_...l#70 voice dialing ..etc.... I intend on posting pics soon) and the lower emply slot for the swithced XM....

Modified by sup44 at 6:37 PM 1-7-2004

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bluetooth phone (sup44)

Sorry, maybe I am being a little thick, but I could not see where the blue “sense” wire is connected. Where in the fuse box should the ignition sense wire go?
thanks

· Registered
699 Posts

Quote, originally posted by grayish »
Sorry, maybe I am being a little thick, but I could not see where the blue “sense” wire is connected. Where in the fuse box should the ignition sense wire go?
thanks

· Registered
60,780 Posts

That was my point, the blue wire which is the ignition sense in the Nokia kit isn't connected to anything. The ignition sense feature didn't work the way it was advertised with the Nokia CARK-91US and the 6340i phone. So my kit is only powered when the car is on.
The next trick is that when there is no power going to the kit, the mute wire has a ground signal on it. This in turn would start the radio when the car was turned off. So I had to use a relay to disconnect the mute wire when the power is shut off to the phone kit.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Bluetooth phone (sup44)

Just tested the wiring on the kit, without the audio on the nav, and it works flawlessly! Only one thing; where did you connect the ground wire for power? I had to extend an extra wire all the way to the lighter outlet. is there a closer ground in or near the fusebox?

· Registered
60,780 Posts

I found a screw behind the radio that goes into the car's chassis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.