VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2011 Mk 6 for about 2 months now, and I'm wondering if others are having quality issues with their bluetooth.

Whenever I use my phone via bluetooth, people complain that it sounds like I have the windows down. I've tied turning the fan/air off, and that doesn't help.

My phone works fine on my wife's 2007 Acura MDX, so I was curious if this is an issue that others have experienced.

Thanks.

· Registered
'21 Ranger Tremor, '19 MX-5 Club BBR, '21 Ducati Hypermotard
44,477 Posts
I don't understand... My GTI had ****ty bluetooth with the upgraded module, but my CC with the exact same module has awesome quality. Oh well...

· Registered
'21 Ranger Tremor, '19 MX-5 Club BBR, '21 Ducati Hypermotard
44,477 Posts
I swear it is a phone to phone basis. My bothers HTC Incredible always sounded like ****. My HTC HD7 sounds amazing though. My Droid Incredible on BT talking to his Droid Incredible on BT was impossible.

· Registered
648 Posts
I've had my 2011 Mk 6 for about 2 months now, and I'm wondering if others are having quality issues with their bluetooth.

Whenever I use my phone via bluetooth, people complain that it sounds like I have the windows down. I've tied turning the fan/air off, and that doesn't help.

My phone works fine on my wife's 2007 Acura MDX, so I was curious if this is an issue that others have experienced.

Thanks.
I have been told this is the best sounding phone they have ever heard including land lines!! Love my BT.

· Registered
24,318 Posts
Mine works great both ways, and that with a ~5-year old cell phone. My wife says the quality is better than using the phone directly. :screwy: :confused:

· Registered
41,143 Posts
I've been told that the quality has improved from my end with the 9W7 upgrade. With the stock module people complained about noise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.