VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion its fuglier that any bmw ever made.. even the three door couldn't save it
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
3 Door

5 Door

And for pete's sake... get a stubby on that thing!
Edit: and this just makes me cry

Whaddya's all reckon?
Charlie

Modified by charlie1.6 at 12:35 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Hard to say, with all the camoflage on the test cars.
The shot from the rear, is that an artist's impression? From that view, looks like a 147 with a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Re: BMW 1 Series.. (charlie1.6)

Hopefully BMW's pricing of the 1 series gives VW an upper ceiling to work at with the MkV in Aus. If a 116i is similar in price to a 2.0FSI Golf, (high $30s apparently) I think a lot of people will go for the BMW badge - I would certainly give a test drive a go at least.
That sedan will tied with Toyota Echo sedan for ugliest car on the road though!

MK.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: BMW 1 Series.. (**** K.)

I quite like it, should be a nice drive. Everybody is building more powerful and heavier cars, so it nice to see a RWD car which is also light and nimble. It'll be a huge success.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: (DICK LIE)

Quote, originally posted by DICK LIE »
wats with that stupid lookin long nose

Long nose = scope for inline 6's. This means M3 motors and stuff

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Re: (Macquered)

i gonna go out on a limb here and say, i would seriously consider upgrading to a 1 series 2L sedan
according to the journos, BMW has captured the handling prowess of the 3 series....
interior space is below average but apparently it handles phenomenally well....
BTW, i've always like BMs

·
Registered
488 Posts
Re: BMW 1 Series.. (charlie1.6)

The pics of it in this months Wheels mag look not too bad.
Just needs the headlights fixed.
But I wouldnt care what it looked like if it had this diesel engine in it
Quote »
BMW Unveils Multi-Stage Turbocharging in the BMW 535d.
The very latest BMW diesel engine technology was unveiled at the Geneva International Motor Show in March 2004.
BMW set a new standard in passenger car diesel engine technology with its industry-leading technology in the new 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine equipped with multi-stage turbocharging.
This engine is due to enter production in Europe in late 2004, fitted to the 5 Series sedan and Touring (wagon) as the 535d.
Maximum output of this innovative power unit is 200 kW. But the incomparable driving characteristics of this engine on the road are even more impressive with two-stage turbocharger technology providing 500 Nm of torque at just 1,200 rpm, peaking at 560 Nm at 2,000 rpm.
Acceleration to 100 km/h takes just 6.6 seconds.
By introducing two-stage turbocharger technology, BMW’s engineers have succeeded for the first time in eliminating ‘turbo lag’ when setting off or accelerating from low speeds. This removes a drawback suffered by virtually all-conventional turbo engines.
In practice this means very powerful and forceful acceleration from all engine speeds.
The 535d engine also meets stringent future EU4 emission standards.
BMW multi-stage turbocharger technology first pre-compresses intake air in the first charger before the air is further compressed in the second charger through a multi-stage process.
Then, under maximum pressure of 2.85 bar, the intake air flows through an intercooler directly into the combustion chambers where the enhanced cylinder charge ensured in this manner significantly boosts engine output from an unchanged 3.0 litres by 40 kW versus the standard, much-acclaimed 530d engine, with a maximum output of 160 kW.
The exceptional spontaneity in response by the 535d engine is ensured by the second compression stage, the high standard of efficiency ensuring a quick build-up of turbocharger pressure from low engine speeds. Then, once the engine has reached higher speeds, the second turbocharger stage cuts in to provide an ongoing surge of power all the way to the maximum level.
This broadens the useful engine speed range versus the turbocharged diesel engines generally in use today by 500 rpm to a maximum speed of 4,800 rpm, contributing significantly to the engine’s sporting character.
BMW multi-stage turbocharger technology comes exclusively in combination with six-speed automatic transmission as well as high-performance 17-inch brakes ensuring appropriate deceleration and stopping power whenever required.

Check out the twin turbo arrangement.

UT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts