VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW 745 Sighting

Just thought I'd share a picture I took of the first new BMW 745 I've seen:

FYI, it was along Memorial Dr. in front of my dorm room in Cambridge, MA.

[Modified by Bic Daddy Kane, 11:17 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: BMW 740 Sighting (matoo3)

Yep, the rear treatment of the Volvo is for the same aerodynamic reasons as the 7. I like the looks of the 7, but Volvo pulls it off a lot more gracefully. Bangle has indirectly shown that the Volvo "influence" on the design of the rear was no coincidence.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: BMW 745 Sighting (Bic Daddy Kane)

Nice.... I saw about 20 of them in West Palm Beach when I was there over spring break.... I like it more and more every time I see it. Although I do not like the way the car merges with itself. While the proportions do look similar to teh Volvo S80's, I can remember how ugly I thought the Volvo was when it was first introduced. I'm sure we will all warm up to the 7-series, or at least teh cars that evolve from it, such as the new 5-series, etc. we just have to be open minded about it and allow change to the family.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Re: BMW 745 Sighting (JettaBoy04)

My mom has a neighbor with a 560 SL hardtop hanging in his garage. We were out to gether and I was oohing and ahhhing about the new 7 series design. I did that sort of a "Camry Balet" (from their commercial, no I don't like camry's) thing around it to look at it from all angles. Mom kept saying she didn't like it. Then it got off the freeway at our ramp and I pulled right up behind it. She had this to say: I don't like the trunk bulge! It looks like it backed into Georges roof. Think about for second. It takes alittle imgination, but she's right.
Ever notice how women look at cars completely difernt? It's like they're from Venus or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts