VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture this: Life or death situation. You have to choose one of these cars to be your daily driver, or you die.
If you had to pick one, which one would you choose...
M Coupe:
Base Retail Price: $44,990
3.2L 315 bhp I6
Audi S3:
Base Retail Price: N/A in NA (Prob about 35k if it were avail)
225 bhp Engine
1.8-litre Turbocharged Quattro

[Modified by Tyler Durden, 4:22 PM 12-28-2001]

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (Tyler Durden)

I'm prepetuating my VAG snobbery and lameness here, but I am just not a fan of the M Coupes styling. S3 for me!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

S3 for styling and practicality reasons. It performs but still does the day to day stuff and I wouldn't feel as bad about getting it dirty.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (gbrownrochester)

I can't choose either. I love them both (not like I can afford them)
They both have +/-'s . Such as more hp in the M coupe but Quattro in the S3.
Though choice....

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (Beltfed)

For a first car the S3 is infinately more practical, but for a second car I would chose the Bimmer in a heartbeat. Guess the S3 wins for me too.

·
Registered
16,409 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (Rice_Box[Sentra])

I love the S3, but an MCoupe is just so badass . . .

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (fore)

S3 is awesome and I'd give my testicals to own one...
The Mcoupe is the greatest car ever made.
/end

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (A4Jetta)

I love both of these cars and are very comparable in my view. As for my daily driver I would have to choose the stunning S3. NOW BRING IT HERE dang nabbit! Or the M coupe shall be it!

Piney

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (CALVR6)

well put it this way, choosing between this two is no:

it depends on if you want rapid cornering-on-a-rail fun (s3) or if you want back-end-steps-out-now-you-are-facing-traffic thrills (mcoupe).

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (some9one)

If I had the S3, I could sell it for lots of $, since they aren't imported.
The M Coupe, on the other hand, is easy to find.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (some9one)

tough choice I can't vote!
The M coupe is beautiful with a sweet sounding I6 RWD and just classy styling. A useable boot too. The S3 is has quattro AWD which is useful for New England winters. 4 cyl Turbo (turbos are always fun) and also the gas mileage is pretty decent. Can't I have both?

·
Banned
13,716 Posts

M-Coupe. Hands down and nothing you say will change my mind. Amongst my list of various and assorted dream cars ranging from a 1965 Mustang GT Fastback to a 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R and every/anything inbetween, the top is the M Coupe. It's close, it's tight, it's muscular. It's intimate, but it ain't a beauty. I love the interior though. Simply laid out, quality materials, very business like. And, though I own a 1.8T, I miss the power of a 6 cylinder. And NO one makes a 6 like BMW does. It's the best MGB-GT ever built

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (JrodVW)

m coupe is god!!!> don't get me wrong about the s3.. i love that car.. buts its no m coupe

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Re: BMW M Coupe vs Audi S3 (VwG60Kid)

How could you pick the S3 over the M coupe? The M coupe is hands down the baddest car in production right now (well, maybe a Viper). It has got to be one of the best sports cars out there, and its so beautiful. Plus, its got a BMW inline-6 under the hood...there's no way you could possibly say that the 1.8T is a better engine than that swweeeeet BMW engine. Forget this comparison...If you told me I could buy one car under $50k, that would be it. In charcoal grey. No question about it.
Can you tell I love this car? To me, this comparison is like Accord vs. Lancer Evo VII. They're the same shape, but there's no way I could compare the two.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts