VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: BMW X3 - testing (Son of a B...5er!)

I was hoping the X3 would have had a little more GT DNA, but it's obviously a very conventional vehicle.
...still crossing my fingers on the small Audi, Saab, and Mercedes, 'utes, but the BMW is a letdown, and I'm the last to jump on the BMW bashing bandwagon.

·
Registered
'20 Kia Telluride SX, '17 Mazda CX-5, '07 Airstream Safari SE 23'
11,125 Posts
Re: BMW X3 - testing (nub0w)

Those pics work for me. I want a 325it, but wouldn't mind a little more room along with AWD and the 3.0 motor. The X3 should provide all of that - and compared to the car in the first picture, it doesn't look that much taller.
I see that the car has normal doors and a B pillar, unlike the recent concept.
Tom

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: BMW X3 - testing (spritle)

Would BMW give us back the 3-Series Touring even though it doesn't sell well?? They seem to start to abandon the sportswagon market like kill the 3-Series Touring in order to slot the X3 in.
At least there will still be 5-Series Touring.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: BMW X3 - testing (spritle)

those pics are all old. the X3 is coming out in summer/fall 03 so we will see a definite picture from BMW sometime soon http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Re: BMW X3 - testing (fitch)

I hope it's not just camouflaged, I hope it actually ends up looking like that.
Because that would mean BMW has abandoned the scalloped body panels (flame surfacing?) idea which is one I don't think the world is quite ready for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.