VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got hit by a bike that scratched up the paint and put a small dent into the back corner of my 02' Jetta. Can anyone recommend a good paint/body shop to get this fixed at? I live near 32nd street and the 51 in north Phoenix, AZ.
I bought my car from Chapman so I have already tried Chapman Scottsdale Collision Center.
They want $753.59 to repair the damage.
I would like to get at least two more quotes.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Update: I took it to "Select Auto Body" and they quoted $780.06
The corner and the trunk is dented and scratched. Here's some photos of the problem area:

[Modified by happosai, 7:20 PM 8-9-2002]

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: Body or paint shop in Phoenix, AZ? Help please (happosai)

I feel your pain ... Tuesday night, my car was parked in Mesa while I attended a meeting. The car was parked under a light, isolated from the other cars in the lot. Some low-life dirtbag proceeded to kick the driver's door with his steel-toed boot, for no damn reason. He put a nice wave in the center of the door, beneath the molding. The worst part is that I just replaced my last new car with this 1.8T Jetta. The last car was hit head-on by a guy who had been drinking at happy-hour. He totalled it after only 1 month

Any other body shop recs? I need a shop that specializes in euro cars, not domestics.

[Modified by Tornado20v, 7:29 AM 8-9-2002]

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
Re: Body or paint shop in Phoenix, AZ? Help please (Tornado20v)

Select is the only Factory autorized VW repair facility in AZ other than dealers (Earnhardt and Chapman) .. they do the best work and never cut corners.. So glad I got refered to em for my old school Cabriolet.. no other body shop will ever get a penny from me.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Re: Body or paint shop in Phoenix, AZ? Help please (Count_Blah)

i dont know how many times i have seen the post for a local body shop but it never fails that i will see derek posting about bud and select. its so bad that you would even begin to think that he was buds b!tch or somehting. j/k they do damn good work there but i think its a bit pricey but... you get what you pay for. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Select Auto Body.. Talk to Bud.. 602-241-9111 7th ave and Camelback. [HR][/HR]​
I've seen their work 1st hand http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
and he follows up to make sure its done right!
They know their stuff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
Re: Body or paint shop in Phoenix, AZ? Help please (happosai)

quote:[HR][/HR] Update: I took it to "Select Auto Body" and they quoted $780.06
[HR][/HR]​
R U payin for this or is your insurance.. if so who cares take it to the best. If you are, did you ask Bud for the cash price.. usually save ya couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
460 Posts

i know its a late reply, but avoid chapman collision in Scottsdale at all costs. I work for a Chapman dealer, and they screwed me over badly. I can only imagine what they do to the general public, but I've heard several horror stories from co-workers and general public. The advisors are incompetent and liars. The manager is a jack-ass who treats people like sh*t. The work is 2nd rate at best and they take 2 to 3 times longer than any average body shop.

[Modified by scooby, 1:42 PM 8-11-2002]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts