VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer this morning to get an estimate to remove a dent and some scratches on the trunk and they gave me an estimated price of $ 276.86, now my deductible is $500 so i think why involve the insurance company? right... but i read the dealer estimate fine print and it says: "Failure to use the insurance proceeds in accordance with the security aggreement, if any, could be a violation of S. 812.014, Florida statutes
Is the dealer going to invlove the Ins. Co. even if i want to pay it myself?
If the Ins. Co. gets notified, will they raise my rates?
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Body shop estimate and question (ecugye70)

FL insurance laws are really, really weird. They shouldn't be able to involve your insurance company without your permission though. In addition, they don't have that information accessible anyway, right?
In addition, if they do try to involve your company, the repairs don't = the ded., so they can't step in anyway...
You should be fine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,259 Posts

Does this dealer have a reputable body shop?
I would think a regular (non VW) Body Shop has more experience then a dealer based Body Shop?
Otherwise I would ask the person behind the desk about this voilation, never heard of such a thing, I mean it's cash out of your pocket, why would it have anything to do with your insurance?
Then again. I've heard crazier things than that from County to County across US.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts

Ok, a friend of mine works for a rather large insurance company. What that statute means is that if the insurance company issues money to fix your car, you have to use that cash to actually fix the car (because the leinholder has 'interest' in the vehicle's value). Since you're not even using insurance, it means nothing to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.