VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91 Digi GTI. It kinda started last night.
Example:
I start going, shift to 2nd: the car accelerates, then stops accelerating, then picks up again. My throttle response is worse I think but I might be wrong. Only thing I did yesterday was tightened the VERY lose alternator belt.

My car runs very nice except for that crappy idle until it warms up a bit. ANY ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: Bogging down... (Batan)

check/clean the ground wires on the valve cover and side of the head, dont over-tighten the nut on the coolant port on the side of the head it will crack the port and coolant will leak all over ( unfortunatly i made the mistake of doing that )
possibility of a clogged cat?, i know what you are talking about, i bought a CTS new 02 sensor and an ECU before it was all good
it turned out to be bad grounds and a crummy o2

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bogging down... (vokalwagen87)

quote:[HR][/HR]possibility of a clogged cat?, [HR][/HR]​
The thought did cross my mind. I will check all the things you have mentioned. The day before it started happening it rained quite a bit but then again, last month or so it rained a lot more then that so I don';t know if it's related to that or not.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: Bogging down... (Batan)

for now, get some fuel stabilizer , cuz you never know if theres water in your gas or not, and when you get time take it to a muffler shop to have them check the cat, they should do it for free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts