VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which bolt kit is better/ stronger ARP bolt kit or the Peloquin bolt kit or will the Peloquin one even work with the Quaife???
Thank you in Advance......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (climbingcue)

I used the ARP bolt kit and haven't had any problems. Your gonna love the quaife. I just hope you aren't changing the diff because the pin slid out of the old diff. I found out the hard way and damaged the case.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (cabbyvr6)

I am changing the Diff for future power mods and tranny insurance.... My stock diff is in great shape.....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Good idea. You can also get the Bolt kit from a VW dealer, it's called a differential repair kit. If you have an inside at the dealer it should be cheap. $100 or less...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (VR6Jim)

when my mechanic got the bolts from the dealer, he initially got the wrong set that was just a little bit short of what he needed. they did have the longer ones though.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (VR6roar)

Bill just get the dealer kit it works fine make sure you get it for the 02A
Aight if you got question just get my number from tim and give me a call
Brian

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

does anyone know where to buy the peloquin diff? and how much it is

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (NightRyder97)

OK I am really confused now..... Here is the story, I ordered my Quaife from Autotech, but they where out of the bolt kit..... So I have looked around, and I can get the Peloquin bolt kit for $41 shipped..... I just got off the phone with 2 different dealerships..... The first one Trend Motors says that the bolt kit does not exist..... I am sure glad I don't have them touch my car.... So I call Bernardsville VW and they told me the bolt kit was $113.....
Will the bolt kit from Peloquin be missing anything that I need or will I be all set....
P.S. I can't wait until this is all installed and I can be finished with all this run around.....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

Hi climbingcue,
I just got off the phone with ARP and they said they will have them back in in about two weeks. Our part number is VLK-40-410-3002 and we normally sell them for $62.
Good luck.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

i just have 1 question now is the peloquin diff a good product i know most people go with the quafie diff but i would just like to know how the peloquin compares to the quafie

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (DEGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]i just have 1 question now is the peloquin diff a good product i know most people go with the quafie diff but i would just like to know how the peloquin compares to the quafie [HR][/HR]​
I have one of Gary P's first in my car. It works great and I have had 0 problems!
Jeff

·
Registered
18,552 Posts
Re: Bolt kit for an O2A Quaife???? (DEGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]i just have 1 question now is the peloquin diff a good product i know most people go with the quafie diff but i would just like to know how the peloquin compares to the quafie [HR][/HR]​
An excellent product. Most people consider it to be every
good a product as the Quaife in material and workmanship.
I've been very happy with mine, and I think the competition
is good for everyone here, because before the Peloquin came along
you couldn't buy a Quaife in the US for less than about $1100.
QuaifeUSA will tell you that they've got a lifetime warranty
but so does the Peloquin. The only risk to the Peloquin's
future is QuaifeUSA's tactic of uncutting of their own distributors'
prices with the occasional "one time only" group buy. They're
trying to make the competition disappear.
ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts