VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the turbo was in and now it is off, i throw a rod # 4 didn't liek to be inthe car very long and came out, foiund a new place to live, but holly god that car WAS fast, but i got plains for it now so we will wait and see what happens

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: boom, boom crash opps ! (Imprezinator)

lol. and where was your car made??? Eric i now feel you pain and the motor thing, it sucks but, i got one going in tomororw i'm starting it at about 8:30 am so it can be done i hope by none or so. this will also bring down my compression a little bit
peace i will let youguys now.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: boom, boom crash opps ! (Greg.The.Bunny)

quote:[HR][/HR]Domestic quality..
[HR][/HR]​
maybe but everything breaks it just a matter of time. youget a motor that has 70k miles on it throw 8psi of boost at it with a really big turbo and see what happens. while it ran it would have handed you your ass, but oh well. it will be runing tomorrow with no break in time needed thank god. i have to make this one last till i get the money for the lower end kit i want for a turbo motor

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Re: boom, boom crash opps ! (Imprezinator)

Yeah I hear those GC8 cars don't like to have boost on them without doing alot of workto the bottom end. There are also the guys that say they run 5 psi all day without problems, but they may be more discretionary on the throttle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: boom, boom crash opps ! (dubdrvrkev)

i know a guy that has a t3/4 hibrid turbo on a 97 eagle tallon 2.0. i belive thats the same motor.(the cars was a non turbo and he converted it) and he runs it at 7 psi and has done so for 3 years with no major problems. it all depends on the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.