VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: Boost and Motronic 5.9 (Kafer 53)

i always hear you can run up to 18psi on a stock block at medium/high risk and 15psi being safe and reliable on a stock motor.
Most everything over 18psi is around 400 hp and that isa where things go wrong with piston and rods.
At the same time hgp(sister co. for hpa motorsports) they run 400+hp on stock engine management but modify the rods in the block.
P.S. this figures are done with reprogrammed emu chips and not a stock obdII emu chip.

[Modified by blue98jettavr6, 7:39 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Boost and Motronic 5.9 (VEEDUBALLSTARS)

Nah, I only keep the air cooled dubs stock, the water cooled ones....thats another story

chubb- e-mail me your phone number, I wanted to hit a couple of j-yards yesterday, but I figured I'd wait for you. Maybe next Monday we'll head out...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Boost and Motronic 5.9 (blue98jettavr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]
At the same time hgp(sister co. for hpa motorsports) they run 400+hp on stock engine management but modify the rods in the block.[HR][/HR]​
Did they uprate the injectors also and raise the fuel pressure? I'm afraid of melting the motor under boost with stock management.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: Boost and Motronic 5.9 (Kafer 53)

quote:[HR][/HR]
At the same time hgp(sister co. for hpa motorsports) they run 400+hp on stock engine management but modify the rods in the block.

Did they uprate the injectors also and raise the fuel pressure? I'm afraid of melting the motor under boost with stock management.
Thanks for the info![HR][/HR]​
almost sure you'll need a high high flow fuel pump, injectors with a higher flow rating than stock and a fpr to keep the pressure up.Also I think they run like 20psi to get over 400+hp.someone put a link up if its the one with hpa car from there site than it has helpful info in their article.
just keep this in mind,I've seen alot of turbo vr6's in my area and they all suffer from traction problems even after being in 3rd gear.if you want a fast road,fun to drive road car that can kick but stick around 300-380hp.if you want it to drag race at the track and be killer fast than you've pick the wrong car.these fine german machines are better on the road than at the strip unless you plan to tub out ur front wheel wells to use a set of oversized full drag slicks,get lot of carbon fiber and stripe the interior of everything.if not exspect 1/4 mile burnouts even on slick.
sorry about the book

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

the car isn't wrong for the drags....its just that the eurotuners have completely neglected the vw drag market. when was the last time you saw a drag specific anything for a vw? drag suspension? nada.
get a traction control system and things will go better. racelogic makes one for about1500.
ps. omnis with 2.2 turbos are in the 10s. omni caravan daily driver runs 11s. seen it. both weigh more than the vr6s, and the caravan is a large brick.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for all the info. I know boost is suppose to be addicting, but I'm not looking for a lot to start with, maybe 0.5-0.7 bar. I'm not looking to do any serious drag racing either, I just want to have a respectable time, 13s, 14s.
I'll check out that link also.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: Boost and Motronic 5.9 (samrabbit)

quote:[HR][/HR]the car isn't wrong for the drags....its just that the eurotuners have completely neglected the vw drag market. when was the last time you saw a drag specific anything for a vw? drag suspension? nada.
get a traction control system and things will go better. racelogic makes one for about1500.
ps. omnis with 2.2 turbos are in the 10s. omni caravan daily driver runs 11s. seen it. both weigh more than the vr6s, and the caravan is a large brick.[HR][/HR]​
I think you miss understood what I mean by not made for the drag strip.I've seen strange cars like the omni and caravan go down the quarter fast but what I mean is a vw is at home on a road course rather than a drag stripe even though you can drag what ever you want.Also i know about race logic infact if I had a turbo i would deff go for it.
full body vrturbos have there limit at the track(e.i.p.'s gti600+whp/brain a.k.a.blackvr375whp)both have ran11.18 et. there's a limit to getting the power down with high hp vr6turbos.
I want to see someone do a full race tube chasis with about 600hp and full drag slicks and still a fwd car and go bust Steph papadakis a$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.