VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a manual boost controler (Turbo XS) and I heard of people using this with the N75 disconnected.
Is this true?

If yes, how it affects the boost? Would it hold it any better?
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Ivan
BTW, I'm running the stock K03 sport with the APR chip/V-Tune and a 3" to 2.5" Turbo back exhaust.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: Boost controler without an N75 valve.../////////// (inovillo)

I have an MBC w/ N75, stock programming @ 15ish peak psi, holding 12ish till redline... It is not very smooth, but it seems to pull better than stock... Do a search for more info.
Ash

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: :):..BoraXTC..::)

There's not much info on the search...

I actually have more questions now...

Should I leave it just unplugged or remove it completly.
If removed completly, what should I replace it it?
Sorry for soo many questions but I think I'm not the only one who would like to know about this.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and thanks once again.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts

You have APR chip/V-Tune, why do you need a boost controller?

from prior knowledge, APR chips don't like boost controllers.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Re: (inovillo)

Quote, originally posted by inovillo »
There's not much info on the search...

I actually have more questions now...

Should I leave it just unplugged or remove it completly.
If removed completly, what should I replace it it?
Sorry for soo many questions but I think I'm not the only one who would like to know about this.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and thanks once again.

you can take the lines off the n7s and put them onto the MBC and leave the n7s plugged in and in place where it is now. or you can unplug it, or remove ot completely and plug the 3rd hole in the intake. On my girls car we removed the n75 and the boost came on waaay smoother and removed 95% of the surging. Before the MBC it would spike and surge http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
967 Posts
Re: (Lag)

Im running the same MBC, turboxs, I didnt even bother trying to run it with the N75...I just left it there and unplugged it. Spikes at about 15psi and holds at about 12psi...All surging is gone! N75s are junk. lol

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Boost controler without an N75 valve.../////////// (roly)

Quote, originally posted by roly »
You have APR chip/V-Tune, why do you need a boost controller?

from prior knowledge, APR chips don't like boost controllers.

1st, 2nd and 3rd gear spikes at 20-21 and then it drops to 14 or 15 the most at redline. I want/need something to hold the boost a little longer...

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Y2K So No Ma)

Quote, originally posted by Y2K So No Ma »
Im running the same MBC, turboxs, I didnt even bother trying to run it with the N75...I just left it there and unplugged it. Spikes at about 15psi and holds at about 12psi...All surging is gone! N75s are junk. lol

If that does the job, I will stay with this option better. I don't feel like messing around with it that much either. So, just install the MBC and unpluged the N75 right?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

Quote, originally posted by inovillo »

1st, 2nd and 3rd gear spikes at 20-21 and then it drops to 14 or 15 the most at redline. I want/need something to hold the boost a little longer...

Damn my friend, I wish I could hold boost like that. I would be happy if I were you. I Spike 16 and hold 11-12. I have APR v2 and a MBC with the Electical side of the N75J still hooked in. Anyone have any sugestion of how I can hold more boost?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Boost controler without an N75 valve.../////////// (stvo)

Quote, originally posted by stvo »

Damn my friend, I wish I could hold boost like that. I would be happy if I were you. I Spike 16 and hold 11-12. I have APR v2 and a MBC with the Electical side of the N75J still hooked in. Anyone have any sugestion of how I can hold more boost?

You must have a leak or something, check all your hoses and the "T" for the boost gauge.
Before doing anything with the V-Tune I was spiking at 18 and holding at 13-14 until red-line. That was the the APR V2, and the Forge 007 DV.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

I will check it out after work. Can anyone else that has a similar set-up chim in and tell what they are holding at redline b/c I feel like my 11-12 is to low and not holding all the way.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts

I will check it out after work. Can anyone else that has a similar set-up chim in and tell what they are holding at redline b/c I feel like my 11-12 is to low and not holding all the way.

I am throwing torque codes and getting the epc light. Seems like my dv is sticking and my car only boosts with the stock N75 and giac chip on k03 turbo to 15psi and it falls to 10psi at redline. This weekend if weather permits, I'm going to check the pcv valve and all the n249 connections. I'm thinking it's something with that. Still it could be a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: Boost controler without an N75 valve.../////////// (TurboZen)

I keep reading about this n249. What is that?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

I'm running a turbo xs MBC and unplugged the n75 but left it there to plug the hole. Seems to me the best way to go. I think my DV is taking a dump though, I'm hearing a leak from somewhere and I think its my dv (the GFB Hybrid DV/BOV). I need a good dv to slap in there to test my theory. Before though it would hold 18lbs until like 5100 rpm, and thats before I adjusted the actuator arm (Which I hope I turned the right way) and stock dp and cat. Now I only get 16lbs, and I think not even that the car feels like a pig. In my bug I dont even know where the pcv is to do the fix i say on 20vturbo.com. And yea whats that n249?

Modified by 18TurboS at 9:51 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
6,742 Posts

I keep reading about this n249. What is that?

Selonoid that that is used by the cars computer to open your diverter valve. It uses the vacuum canister on top of your engine right above the coilpacks as a vacuum source.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: Boost controler without an N75 valve.../////////// (TurboZen)

Quote, originally posted by TurboZen »

Selonoid that that is used by the cars computer to open your diverter valve. It uses the vacuum canister on top of your engine right above the coilpacks as a vacuum source.

Cool, thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
It can be bypassed. It seems like some people do it just because they don't like it. I bypassed it because it had a mechanical malfunction. I don't plan on putting in a new one, it works great without it.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Re: (JettAffair)

Quote, originally posted by JettAffair »
It can be bypassed. It seems like some people do it just because they don't like it. I bypassed it because it had a mechanical malfunction. I don't plan on putting in a new one, it works great without it.

how did you find it was malfunctioning?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts